Starting Platform at 0235hrs full speed ahead
Smell: Steam and oil mixture
fNoise: Hissing and gearing whine
Temp:Quite hot

Bound for Trinidad

benjidog
13th February 2007, 00:37
Roy,

Any chance of a blow up version of your photo in the gallery?

Regards,

Brian

roy quirk
14th February 2007, 00:58
Hi Brian,
I have a new scanner, and I have only just started messing around with photos and I am in the experimental stage!!hence my photo to this site. I can only suggest you download it to your folder, and then you can use your zoom.
I might try and send another engine room scene, as I gain confidence!!

A.J.McMahon
20th April 2008, 21:20
.This brings back memories - I was either at one of the controls or at the desk recording telegraph movements.If I recall correctly Jock Burns was chief and Ted Ottway or John Gay was 2nd I did 14 trips as 2nd elec Ch elec was Eric Taylor great team all round skipper was Capt Lundy I most often finished playing againsed him in the deck tennis final -I would let him win on the odd occasion.I went from there to the Matina plus afew others my final E/F ship was the Revenazon. Then a further 10 years on the North atlantic. Then just 2 years with N.E.R.C. on the Discovery. Get in touch Roy I have a number of photos including Dusty MillerNostalgia for steam engineers!
Starting Platform at 0235hrs full speed ahead
Smell: Steam and oil mixture
fNoise: Hissing and gearing whine
Temp:Quite hot

Bound for Trinidad

roy quirk
13th May 2008, 21:10
Hi Brian,
I have a new scanner, and I have only just started messing around with photos and I am in the experimental stage!!hence my photo to this site. I can only suggest you download it to your folder, and then you can use your zoom.
I might try and send another engine room scene, as I gain confidence!!

Here are more photos,including her in Port Antonio.(I think)

A.J.McMahon
14th May 2008, 14:13
Hi Roy! That looks like Roy Henage @ the control, the next one is Brian Head, in the boiler room with Bill, or is it Joe Golding? That is Port Antonio taken from E Flynn's island I expect he invited us all over for a soir'ee, You can see from the elevated positon of the photo, a good layout of the lagoon at Port A. We transit into the berth via the narrow channel, the wide expanse of water astern of the vessel is a reef. I must be honest,it beat conscription by a mile. Regards AJM.

FREDERICK HODDER
5th November 2008, 12:03
hi, brings a few memorys back i was on the camito may/june 1958 a fine ship
with a even finer crew, bon voyage lads. ( tony hodder ) from bridport. now at yeovil somerset