Capsized Tug At Spurn Point

robmason23
19th February 2007, 21:30
Does anyone know anything about the capsized tug at Spurn Point some years ago? I'm sure it was one of UTC or Humber Tugs vessels.

RobMason (Thumb)

OOOps Humber Tugs, i should have looked at her name. Anyone know how this happened?

sam2182sw
20th February 2007, 20:06
it is the LADY MORIA and she was assisting a large tanker onto the mono bouy she got broadside on and as you see she nealey got pulled under the towing ouick releace saved her one man in the water the rest ok and him also she limped back to immingham part full of water and repaired sam

capt cook
21st November 2010, 12:27
from capt cook
I was the master of lady anya attending with lady moira a berthing at tetney mono bouy she partly capsized when gog rope parted I towed her back
immingham more info av

BillH
21st November 2010, 14:05
two photos in the gallery

BillH
21st November 2010, 14:08
from capt cook
I was the master of lady anya attending with lady moira a berthing at tetney mono bouy she partly capsized when gog rope parted I towed her back
immingham more info av
Capt Cook,

Can you provide the exact date of the incident as it appears to be somewhat elusive other than 1996.

Bill

sam2182sw
22nd November 2010, 14:43
Bill have a look in petbe file you will find info there sam

capt cook
22nd November 2010, 15:48
Re capsized tug this was the Lady Moira of Humber tugs going over when gog
rope parted whilst berthing Tanker at Tetney mono buoy on 6/6/1992
I was the skipper of the Lady Anya also at the berthing who later towed her
to immingham water entered engine room through starboard funnel
capt cook

Honnestden
22nd November 2010, 20:45
I rember it i was on standby boats then, i rember Capt Cook ,on the Lady Anya i cannot rember if i was on Blue flame or Nova at the time (Shakey)

BillH
22nd November 2010, 20:49
Re capsized tug this was the Lady Moira of Humber tugs going over when gog
rope parted whilst berthing Tanker at Tetney mono buoy on 6/6/1992
I was the skipper of the Lady Anya also at the berthing who later towed her
to immingham water entered engine room through starboard funnel
capt cook
Thanks for the info Capt.

I have just finished compiling a book on CD on Adsteam UK Ltd group fleet history including United Towing and their ancestral fleets so the date fills in a gap in Moiras data

Bill