Qm2/ Qe2

Paul UK
20th February 2007, 09:13
Both in Sydney this morning 20th Feb eagerly await pictures if possible, both together even better.

Paul(Thumb)

Bridie
20th February 2007, 12:52
Just heard on the news here that The QM2 and QE2 would be together in Sydeney. They said:
"It would be the first time the 2 Cunard Queens had been seen together in Sydney for over 50 years"

But I'm sure I saw lots of Cunard Queens in the pubs around Circular Quay in the 60's(ballet)

Paul UK
21st February 2007, 20:43
I surpose the next mile stone will be QE2 QM2 and QV all together in January 2008 in New York.

Paul(A)

ernhelenbarrett
22nd February 2007, 05:57
Saw both the Queens on TV arriving Sydney, very impressive and at least they look like ships, not these umpteen deck Wedding Cakes cruise vessels that appear to be sailing around these days. By the way does anybody know the Call Sign of the QM2 as I believe the QE2 took the old Queen Mary
Callsign of GBTT, couldnt use the old QE Callsign as she was destroyed by fire in Honkers harbour, the QE was GBSS
Ern Barrett

Stephen J. Card
22nd February 2007, 11:59
Saw both the Queens on TV arriving Sydney, very impressive and at least they look like ships, not these umpteen deck Wedding Cakes cruise vessels that appear to be sailing around these days. By the way does anybody know the Call Sign of the QM2 as I believe the QE2 took the old Queen Mary
Callsign of GBTT, couldnt use the old QE Callsign as she was destroyed by fire in Honkers harbour, the QE was GBSS
Ern Barrett

Ern,

QM2's Call Sign is quite easy to remember... G.B.Q.M.

Yes, most impressive sight Tuesday morning. I was out at the Heads ina wee boat at 0530. Far too early! Quite a splendid arrival.

Ruth and I had been invited to a special dinner on board. Boarded just after five, took the grand tour and finished up on the afterdeck for champagne and to watch QE2 arrive and make the sail past up to Circular Quay. The 50 or so guests trooooooped inside for a rather fine dinner in the Todd English restaurant. Distinguished guests invcluded The Govenor of NSW, Deputy Prime Minister, Chief of the Australian Defence Force and a couple of Rear Admirals, Commodore Warner, Captain Rynd, the Police Commissioner, Mayor of Sydney, Head of Lloyds Australia, CEO of Princess/P&O, President of Cunard, a host of Princess VP's, an assorted lot port executives and of course me and wife!

Broke during dinner to go out on deck to watch the fireworks and then back inside for brandy and coffee. Great evening and we have all been invited to come back next year for arrival of QUEEN VICTORIA.

Took about two hours to get clear of the ship and get home... instead of the usual ten minutes from Garden Island to Randwick.

Stephen

R58484956
22nd February 2007, 12:09
Thanks Stephen, nice to have an account of how the other half live. Looking forward to next year, I bet.

Stephen J. Card
22nd February 2007, 13:30
Thanks Stephen, nice to have an account of how the other half live. Looking forward to next year, I bet.

I'm looking forward to the 7th March and forty-six days, Sydney to Barcelona on the best of them.... SAGA ROSE!

On the 6th both SAGA ROSE and SAGA RUBY will be arriving in Sydney together. Probably will be very low key compared to the two Cunarders, but the following night on their departure there will be a firework display... as was done for QM2 & QE2.

Stephen

ernhelenbarrett
25th February 2007, 03:33
Stephen, Many thanks for the QM2 Callsign and account of the visit. Should be another great sight next year when the QE2 and new Queen Victoria
meet up in Sydney, nice to see the two Queens really look like ships, hope they follow suit with the new QV
Regards Ern Barrett

cruiseboy
25th April 2007, 17:05
I was fortunate enough to be on the QE2 when the two Queens met off the coast of Spain in Oct 2004. We were heading back up to Southampton and the QM2 had recently left Vigo. Quite an event with the horns going and the cameras flashing. I have also been fortunate to travel on the QM2, the cruise which had many maiden calls including Hamburg in July 2004

R58484956
25th April 2007, 18:10
Greetings cruiseboy and welcome to the site.Enjoy what you see and bon voyage.

cruiseboy
25th April 2007, 22:03
Greetings cruiseboy and welcome to the site.Enjoy what you see and bon voyage.

Thank you! I am sure I will enjoy the site.

peter johnston
2nd May 2007, 23:04
like everyone the Cunard Queens are world re-known....happy to say ,i have been on board every one ,next is the Victoria! keep rollin em out!