Greetings from new member.

Bob Murdoch
13th December 2004, 12:52
Hi folks, An ex radio officer, 1950s 60s but never lost my love of ships and the sea. Not very impressed with the, no-doubt efficient, but un-attractive 'modern' vessels.
So far only glanced over this site but looks great.
Bob

Steve
13th December 2004, 14:33
Hello Bob and welcome to SN !

Bob Murdoch
13th December 2004, 20:14
Thanks. Hope to get the knack of this soon.bob

Rusty
7th June 2005, 16:34
Hi Bob,
If you find your way to 'Rusty' in the Members List you will see that I have volunteered to be Membership Secretary of the Radio Officers' Association. We have 320 members at present and welcome anyone with an interest in marine radio communication. I you might be interested in joining, phone me on 01604 636536.
Rusty

julian anstis
7th June 2005, 17:02
Welcome aboard there Bob,

You should feel at home on this site....it's like a R/O's emporium around here....Hope you enjoy your cruise with us.

Julian

Doug Rogers
8th June 2005, 01:32
Welcome aboard Bob, enjoy the site and look forward to your input

Doug Rogers
8th June 2005, 04:47
what took you so long to Welcome Bob? he joined last December LOL

I must have missed it, perhaps it was all the Xmas cheer I took on board, still a late welcome is better than none!!.

Doug H
8th June 2005, 13:02
In fact, Bob contributed an interesting article on his 1962 experiences as a Radio Inspector in NZ to the March 2005 edition of "QSO", the journal of the Radio Officers' Association. However Bob, I haven't seen any of your photographs on this site yet! Doug H

Bob Murdoch
7th September 2010, 20:58
In fact, Bob contributed an interesting article on his 1962 experiences as a Radio Inspector in NZ to the March 2005 edition of "QSO", the journal of the Radio Officers' Association. However Bob, I haven't seen any of your photographs on this site yet! Doug H
Guys,
Talk about a late welcome. How about a late thank you.(EEK)
It took me a couple of years to get onto using this site properly and just by chance I looked up 'all threads started by' tonight and found to my horror that people had welcomed me and I had not realised.
Sorry, and a very belated thankyou.
Where do you feel that Antarctic photoes should go? I have one of the radio room and several of the lab plus all the usual b.... ones of dog driving etc. which I doubt are in place on this site.
Cheers Bob