PC or Mac

jazz606
24th February 2007, 10:16
We have a small (microscopic) business at home and consequently two PCs. These machines are about 6 years old and beginning to creak at the seams despite various "upgrades" to software and hardware. Anyway to cut a long story short we have just replaced them with 2 imacs.

In the end this was possible because using a downloadable program called Parallels we can run a virtual PC with MS Office etc on the Mac.

Despite the hassle of changing over I would not go back to a PC now. The imac is quieter and much faster than our PC s and the "virtual" PC works better than it did on the PC.

The whole imac is contained within one fairly slimline unit this vastly reducing the amount of cables and c**p.

The MAC screen is also great - it seems to be brighter and easier to read and at 20ins plenty big enough.

Has anybody else had the experience of going from PC to MAC or vice versa?

steviej
24th February 2007, 10:26
I used the PC for years and I did not have any problems. When I needed a new laptop I was persuaded to buy a macbook. Took a while to navigate the new system. Now I woluld not return. Great product.

newda898
26th February 2007, 17:10
Next time I need a new computer a Mac would certainly be in the running now. A few years ago I would have never really looked at them, but now they would be a real contender.