Video Clips

HENNEGANOL
4th March 2007, 09:20
Can anyone provide a solution as to why, when I attempt to play video clips, they freeze after a few seconds? Even after repeated attempts they stop at the same place and I am unable to view the clip.

Thanks in anticipation.(MAD)

Gerry.

steviej
4th March 2007, 10:39
Gerry it is possible that the speed on your broadband is slow. Could be a faulty in in line filter or house phone. I had a faulty sky box phone connection. Try taking all your connections out one by one except for your main incomer. Try this spped test.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html
steviej

HENNEGANOL
4th March 2007, 11:48
steviej,

Thanks for your input, the broadband speed isn't brilliant but, since downloading Sun Java I was able to see the clips.
Gerry.

steviej
4th March 2007, 13:41
steviej,

Thanks for your input, the broadband speed isn't brilliant but, since downloading Sun Java I was able to see the clips.
Gerry.
I had exactly the same cycle. The video clip stopped in exactly the same place. Try the speed test. It has a historical feature so you can keep an eye on your speed
steviej

alessa22
6th April 2010, 13:27
I was lucky to get here, as im having a lot of trouble with my connection speed. Thats why im asking for your help. I've been having issues for some days now, and every speed test i do, offers different results. I am really lost here.cheers and thanks in advance.

Ron Stringer
6th April 2010, 13:31
Might also be a hard drive problem. If the PC is unable to recover data from the disk fast enough when streaming video, you may get either a dead stop or the video plays in a series of jumps, while the audio feed continues unbroken.

davor
17th June 2010, 14:43
I was lucky to get here, as im having a lot of trouble with my connection speed. Thats why im asking for your help. I've been having issues for some days now, and every dsl speed test (http://www.america.myspeedtestonline.com/dsl-speedtest.html) i do, offers different results. I am really lost here. cheers and thanks in advance.

John Dryden
17th June 2010, 19:21
I too have had a slow speed,only 3 megs for the last 2 days,just checked the cable into the phone socket,pushed it in a tadge and instantly back up to 8 megs.Sometimes it,s the simple things causing the problem.

Pat Kennedy
17th June 2010, 20:48
What are we to make of the(almost) identical posts from Alessa22 on April 6th, and davor today.
Both these members are in Madrid.
Could they be one and the same person?
A sock puppet?

tedc
24th June 2010, 13:37
What are we to make of the(almost) identical posts from Alessa22 on April 6th, and davor today.
Both these members are in Madrid.
Could they be one and the same person?
A sock puppet?

Or, maybe, Spain were playing a world cup game at the time of their attempts???