Cunard Princess 1980 - searching for friends

Pari
7th March 2007, 21:32
Hello - does anyone remember the Cunard Princess in 1980 departing San Juan for the Caribbean with a Captain Allan (British) and can't remember his last name. Would love to thank him for his kindness.

Pari - the "French Girl" who sat at the Captain's table.

Cunarder
10th March 2007, 08:02
Hello there Pari

I was on Cunard Princess at that time as one of the Radio Officers. Perhaps you are alluding to Capt Alan Bennell who I believe was Staff Captain at the time? He is the only Captain I can think of called "Alan" around that time with the exception of "Alex" Hutcheson (pretty close). I regret, though, that according to my intelligence, both of these fine gentlemen (as they were) have sadly left us in the intervening period.....

Kind regards
Alan Marsden

Pari
27th March 2007, 14:46
Dear Alan - Thank you for your response - I think it was Alan Bennell. He had lost a son in a car accident, is that right? By your message, I take you to mean that he has passed away? I'm very sorry to hear that.

Many thanks! Pari

pamelajayne
17th January 2009, 16:47
Hi Alan

I was on the Cunard Princess and QE2 in 1977-1978 (name then was Pam Bathurst). I transferred to the QE2 but remember you well. Now married to Peter Button and living in Bermuda.

Pam

Malcolm S
21st January 2009, 03:41
Hi Alan

I was on the Cunard Princess and QE2 in 1977-1978 (name then was Pam Bathurst). I transferred to the QE2 but remember you well. Now married to Peter Button and living in Bermuda.

Pam

Often wondered what happened to Peter, he was night hotel officer the day I joined the QE2, was actually very helpful. Whats he doing now?
Yes Capt Alen did lose a son and has also now passed on, along with a few others of the same era.