Blue Funnel Items of Interest

Sow-Sow-La
9th March 2007, 18:39
Is it possible to attach a Microsoft WORD document to a thread?
I ask this as I have many items which make interesting reading.

Ron Stringer
10th March 2007, 08:06

I'm not sure of the answer but 'cut-and-paste' takes only seconds, so why worry about attaching the contents? I prefer to write any longer items in Word (not in the case of short responses such as this) and then cut-and-paste them onto the thread. All the best.

Trevorw
10th March 2007, 23:46
I'm sure it is, but you must find a way! I'm an ex Bluey man and always keen to read anecdotes from the past.

benjidog
11th March 2007, 20:20

Sow-Sow-La,

I am sorry but you cannot attach files to the SN site other than graphics. We would certainly be interested in seeing your material so I hope you will give it a try using copy/paste.

You can have problems cutting and pasting from Word to the site as "Paste Special" is not available and you may get formatting that you do not expect. If this becomes a problem there is an easy workaround:

Open Notepad; copy your text from the Word document to Notepad using CTRL-C/CNTRL-V (or do it from the menu), then select all the text in Notepad using CTRL-A, copy it using CTRL-C (or the menu) then paste it into SN.

Sound a bit complicated but in fact only takes seconds once you have done it the first time. If you get stuck or what further guidance please send me a Personal Message and I will try and help you.

Regards,

Brian

Sow-Sow-La
15th March 2007, 18:27
Thank you all for you help.
Gwyn