Hello

cheddarnibbles
15th February 2005, 19:58
I spent 10 years at sea progressing from a cadet at Southampton School of Nav. through an indenture with Alfred Holt and then as a mate with NZS and Trident Tankers....loved every minute, but that was long enough for me !!!!!

david smith
15th February 2005, 20:05
welcome from another Warsash cadet. All that command training, dance lessons and rowing really helped! I had more staying power and lasted 14 years.
enjoy

cheddarnibbles
16th February 2005, 17:01
Agreed... alot of people owe a great deal to Wally Wakeford and his team. I wouldn't think Messrs Blair,Brown and Prescott would last as much as a week of that life.!!!!!!!!

unsteadyken
16th February 2005, 17:07
elcome nibbles from a spudpeeler. re John Prescott he was a steward for 10 years i imagine he can take the knocks as well as dish them out. I didn't know that they taught officer material to dance not much call for it on tankers i should have thought

cheddarnibbles
16th February 2005, 17:22
Hi Ken.....point taken...I just think John would make a better Steward than a Deputy Premier....!

John.H.Clark
27th July 2008, 23:19
Hi Nibbles
I think you were a term ahead of me. I was a Shaw Savill apprentice but worked ashore for BI and represented the company at Mrs Wakeford's funeral. An honour. She made a real effort to turn us into gentlemen. Not alone, were you there when an officer threatened a cadet for putting HP sauce on turkey ?
John

billyboy
28th July 2008, 00:04
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
28th July 2008, 20:29
Greetings CN and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.