Crew Lists

Sow-Sow-La
15th March 2007, 19:53
I have copies of the following Crew Lists. If anyone was on these ships at the time, then please let me know and I will let let you have a copy.

Deck Crew only for the following-
Aeneas (Date not known but probably early to mid Ď60ísí. Trevor Roberts was the Bosun, M. Burke was the Lampie & R.J. Hawley was the Chippy. Watch keepers were,- 8-12 G Roberts, RM Scott, TE Jones. 12-4 JG Prebble, BT Teogh, N Sanderson. 4-8 PJ Marshall, RJ Coombes, TJ Farrell. Deck Boys were F Harries, R Clark, LJ Tigh.
Automedon- One voyage only, commencing 29th March 1965.
Antilochus- Two voyages, commencing 28-2-66 and 21-11-66

Full Crew Lists for the following-
Protesilaus- All voyages from Voy 1 to Voy 15.
Glenfalloch- Voyages 30 to 33 (1972 to 1973)

Steve Birkenhead
17th March 2007, 03:01
Trevor Roberts was my 1st bosun on Protesilaus 70-71. What a gentleman! Would love to see crew lists of this ship just for the memories

Allan James
17th March 2007, 12:03
I was on Glenfalloch just after the two trips you have, but would love to see if there was any of same crowd I sailed with.

Regards

Allan

john meekin
2nd September 2008, 01:21
hi sow sow. i was on protesiaus on her final voyage before she went to barber line. i brought out the prometheus,and did 13 trips ending1971,they were great ships i enjoyed every trip.could you send me the crew list for protesilaus last voyage please best regards john meekin (yorky)

price
2nd September 2008, 11:05
Trevor Roberts was my 1st bosun on Protesilaus 70-71. What a gentleman! Would love to see crew lists of this ship just for the memories

I sailed with Trevor when he was an AB on the Rhexenor, I was a witness to the accident in which Trevor lost part of one his fingers in Port Adelaide, probably 1954, he returned home with us as DBS. As you mentioned, a gentleman.
Bruce.

markamyles
23rd August 2013, 00:45
My Father, George Myles sailed with Blue Funnel for many years, but sadly passed away at sea whilst sailing on Protesilaus, having not long left Penang, back in 1976. Does anyone remember him, have pictures or crew lists.....Many thanks....Mark Myles

Dod Caukie
28th August 2013, 18:30
I sailed With George Myles a couple of times the last being the voyage he passed away on. The ship was on passage to Penang from Suez at the time of his death.I was 2nd Engineer on that voyage Alan Thompson was Master, Ian Maclean Chief Engineer and John Byard was 1st Mate. I'm afraid I can't recall any other names but george was great friends with the Chief Steward. Your father was a really good shipmate, liked by all.

George Thomson

markamyles
28th August 2013, 19:21
I sailed With George Myles a couple of times the last being the voyage he passed away on. The ship was on passage to Penang from Suez at the time of his death.I was 2nd Engineer on that voyage Alan Thompson was Master, Ian Maclean Chief Engineer and John Byard was 1st Mate. I'm afraid I can't recall any other names but george was great friends with the Chief Steward. Your father was a really good shipmate, liked by all.

George Thomson

George......many thanks for the reply......I have no doubt he was a good shipmate, as he was such a great man.....I loved to hear some of the stories when he was home on leave, and still recall seeing the many slide pictures he took from Hong Kong, Siam (as it was called back then), Singapore etc. Was his last voyage to or from Penang, as it was my understanding that Penang was his last port of call?

Thanks again....Mark

Dod Caukie
1st September 2013, 12:34
The ship was on a round the world service from the USA to the far east. Your father died on passage from the Suez canal to Penang and was buried at sea in the Indian Ocean once permission had been received from the family. Captain Thompson took your fathers death badly and left the ship in Singapore in poor health.I said in my original message that John Byard was the Chief Mate but it was in fact E.D. Soames.

George