what a great site

thedelboy
19th March 2007, 13:27
Hi all I just want to thank Ships Nostalgia for helping me find my Father after 40 years,I posted some time back asking if anyone knew of the whereabouts of Derek Wilcockson,I got a reply from a gentleman called Lennox who supplied an address;and Bingo after 20 odd years of active searching I had the right address.
I have now met my Father my Grandmother and numerous other members of my family that I did not even know existed.I am going to my Grandmothers 90th birthday this friday!!! So a big thankyou Ships Nostalgia

Tmac1720
19th March 2007, 13:54
Congratulations thedelboy on finding your relations. Is there anything we can't do on this site?(Thumb)

John Cassels
19th March 2007, 15:13
Congratulations thedelboy on finding your relations. Is there anything we can't do on this site?(Thumb)

Well , for a start, we can't buy a 6 legged elephant on SN.

JC

fred henderson
19th March 2007, 15:14
What a wonderful story thedelboy! I am sure that all of the members will be delighted for you.

Fred(Thumb)

Moulder
19th March 2007, 15:24
Absolutely brilliant!!

Regards,

Steve.
(Thumb)
(Applause)

David Wilcockson
19th March 2007, 18:22
Glad you got there in the end, you will have a lot of catching up to do, sorry I was unable to help.
David

ruud
19th March 2007, 18:51
Ahoy,
Yep must have been a joy to get that address from Lennox,we owe him a few (Pint),glad all went the way you wished,send your Granny our best wishes and happy birthday greetings,and lots more to come, as there will be a lot of talkings of catching up things.

benjidog
19th March 2007, 19:57
TheDelboy

Congratulations on finding your family! A great result

Buy granny a large G&T and send the tab to Tmac1720!

(PS: John Cassels - you are getting SN mixed up with eBay - if you want six-legged elephants they are in the same category as hen's teeth and rocking horse ****). ;)

Regards,

Brian

Paul UK
19th March 2007, 20:57
Great News

Ps Brian Rocking Horse SXXXXX is under H for horse not R for Rocking on Ebay

Paul

Gulpers
19th March 2007, 21:16
thedelboy,

Marvellous news indeed, you must be somewhat "shell-shocked!"
I am really delighted that SN was able to help and well done to all concerned. (Applause)

kottemann
19th March 2007, 22:32
Great news mate I love to hear success stories like this best of luck to you and your new found family for the future

thunderd
20th March 2007, 00:26
The DelBoy, what a wonderful experience and I can imagine the joy it must bring you, this is what SN is all about, helping each other.

billyboy
20th March 2007, 10:36
Very happy for you Delboy. enjoy your reunion with your family. what a great site we have here eh!

thedelboy
26th June 2007, 19:04
hi guys sorry I have taken so long to get back to you,but have been catching up;I have my Grandmother and my Father at my home for the rest of this week and my Father has asked me to thank all of you guys.yet again a brilliant site!!he has also asked if anyone remembers him from the 7th of may 1957 intake at "HMSGanges"?? any way thanks again

Bruce Carson
26th June 2007, 19:31
Absolutely stunning.
I'm so happy that the reunion went as it did.
Best to all.

Regards
Bruce C

Peter4447
26th June 2007, 19:49
hi guys sorry I have taken so long to get back to you,but have been catching up;I have my Grandmother and my Father at my home for the rest of this week and my Father has asked me to thank all of you guys.yet again a brilliant site!!he has also asked if anyone remembers him from the 7th of may 1957 intake at "HMSGanges"?? any way thanks again

Hi thedelboy

I am sure your Father will already be aware of this but there is a very active HMS Ganges Association that has many TROGS in its ranks - they have an excellent website.

Peter4447(Thumb)

thedelboy
21st August 2008, 16:59
Hi all Long time posting but been very busy of late,I spend a lot of time with my father and "Other family"now I am going to Gosport quays on the 18th september to meet a friend of my fathers "Shep Wooley" at the "Old House at home" so I will probably hear what a toe rag he was !! any way I am really happy with all the help from "Ships Nostalgia" thankyou again. (I have recommended your site to others who have "mislaid their parents lol)