Allison Star

Fairfield
18th February 2005, 21:00
Built in 1960 by Barclay Curle as Athel Line/s ATHELQUEEN and these were taken in Glasgow in 1980 following overhaul.
She only lasted another year being scrapped as SANIKA.

nigelcollett
28th October 2005, 13:20
Hi

I'm trying to obtain more details concerning the Allison Star (ex Athelqueen).

Could tell me who she was owned by as the A.S. and what flag, I believe that prior to becoming the A.S. she was the Ocean Trader in 1971, do you have any details for this?

Thanks in advance

NigelC

ruud
28th October 2005, 13:28
Ahoy Nigel,

As A.S.she was flagged Liberian with P.o.R.:Monrovia and owned by that time Consul Overseas Investments Corp.

nigelcollett
28th October 2005, 14:26
Ruud

Many tks - every piece in the puzzle helps

NigelC

Fairfield
28th October 2005, 15:49
Names as follows

ATHELQUEEN
ANCO QUEEN - 66
OCEAN TRADER- 71
ALLISON STAR- 72
SANIKA - 81

Scrapped Gadani Beach 23 October 1981

Old trials shot of mine attached.Not very good quality I/m afraid.No details of her owners,unfortunately.

Thamesphil
28th October 2005, 15:58
The Allison Star was a firm favorite of mine. She was a regular visitor to the Thames in the late 1970s. If I remember correctly, she was managed by Denholm for Consul Overseas Investments, which was just a single-purpose registered company. The actual ownership was unclear. She must have been on charter to the UK branch of one of the oil majors (Shell?), or a UK oil trader, as I seem to recall her doing coastwise and near continental trips to and from the Thames.

Cheers
Phil

Raymond d
31st October 2011, 11:20
I worked at an oil terminal Thames matex in the 70s the Allison Star she was a freqent visitor she was on charter to Globe oil and a company Utramar.

Malky Glaister
31st October 2011, 12:21
I recall that Alison Star was managed by Denholm but not for all that long. When I am not sure but one of the Denholm lads will know

regards Malky

Hugh Ferguson
31st October 2011, 12:24
The Allison Star was a firm favorite of mine. She was a regular visitor to the Thames in the late 1970s. If I remember correctly, she was managed by Denholm for Consul Overseas Investments, which was just a single-purpose registered company. The actual ownership was unclear. She must have been on charter to the UK branch of one of the oil majors (Shell?), or a UK oil trader, as I seem to recall her doing coastwise and near continental trips to and from the Thames.

Cheers
Phil

Carried Jet petrol-to Cliffe Jetty- when I piloted her in 1970's. Crew were Italian. She was not a favourite of mine!

bobs
31st October 2011, 13:33
Ship-nuts do tend to have their 'favourites', just because they like the look of them. I am sure a few days on-board their favourites might change their minds in many cases!

stan mayes
31st October 2011, 13:49
A photo of Allison Star (Laurence Dunn) taken at Cliffe is in
the Gallery - Tankers..

john fraser
31st October 2011, 14:35

Cheers
Phil

Was she not one of the first/or the first to load a cargo of North Sea oil,maybe Teeside or Immingham