'Hello All .....'

arjay
23rd February 2005, 16:26
Greetings From Canada! I am presently building a 1:350 scale model of BI's ss Uganda, as she appeared in 1952 (before conversion). Would anyone have access to colour photographs, of decks and the likes, that could guide me? I sailed on her in 1975, as a student (Med Cruise) ~ perhaps someone out there also sailed aboard 'Uganda 109'? Looking forward to discussions on this forum ~ Arjay

Ron B Manderson
23rd February 2005, 17:47
Welcome from Scotland
Im in toronto in aug
what type of coffee do you use.(well we have to ask)
I think some helpful person will come up with some thing for you
enjoy the site we do

Fairfield
23rd February 2005, 21:32
Welcome to Ships Nostalgia.Hope you enjoy looking around.You are a person after my own heart,a UGANDA nut.Unfortunately have no colour shots of deck plans,etc. but I/m sure somebody out there might be able to help.
I sailed on her in 1976,the first time she had been back to Glasgow proper as opposed to anchoring off Greenock.

flyer682
24th February 2005, 09:23
Welcome to the Site Arjay. We're a friendly lot and I'm sure someone will come up with the goods.

Doug Rogers
24th February 2005, 21:56
Welcome Arjay, enjoy the site and Flyer is right, someone will be able to help you.

arjay
27th February 2005, 17:40
Nice welcome one receives! I have a fair amount of information, re: b/w, yet little colour prior to her 1967 conversion. I will keep my fingers crossed! Whats with the 'coffee'? Ha! Arjay

Ron B Manderson
27th February 2005, 17:46
Nice welcome one receives! I have a fair amount of information, re: b/w, yet little colour prior to her 1967 conversion. I will keep my fingers crossed! Whats with the 'coffee'? Ha! Arjay
just if your near Toronto and I run out of coffee . You will find out that we take the mickey out of each other .
don't worry jus fight back LOL
Ron

tanker
27th February 2005, 19:46
Hi ,i hope to see your pics i the site ,ciao from Italy.
Gp

arjay
27th February 2005, 19:51
As a former webmaster of the modeling website 'The Debris Field' that is where my Uganda will eventually end up. At the moment she is only a plaster form, from waterline to A-Deck, to which the deck houses / additional decks / superstructure will be built, and hull sheathed with plastic sheet E/G. All in due time ~ Arjay