ss Rotterdam open to the public in 2008

wvdleek
4th April 2007, 12:08
De Rotterdam BV (shipowners) have made public that the s.s. Rotterdam will
be open to the public as of 31 March 2008.
Mr. Elemans (manager) expects that the ship will be towed to Rotterdam
between half December and half January. The remaining period will be needed
to put the ship into operation.

Source: RTV Rijnmond
http://www.rijnmond.nl/Homepage/Regionieuws/Nieuws?itemid=43055

wvdleek
10th October 2007, 09:46
On 2 October a small group of shipenthousiasts was invited to visit the s.s.
Rotterdam in Wilhelmshaven.

This new photo-album can be accessed (as usual) via my website.

I hope you enjoy the photos and keep in mind that the announced openingdate is on 31 March 2008.

= = =

Message to the Dutch and all who can receive Dutch television:

On Thursday 11 October there will be a short item about the s.s. Rotterdam in the TV news on Ned. 1 at 20.00 hrs.

The same item will be broadcasted by RTV Rijnmond at 17.40 in their program 'Ik ziet de haven al'.
After this program has been broadcasted, you can watch it on their website www.rtvrijnmond.nl

wvdleek
7th November 2007, 10:08
Today (11 October), mr. Hans Elemans, manager of De Rotterdam BV, has announced that the homecoming of the s.s. Rotterdam is delayed again.
He expects that the ship will now arrive in Rotterdam before the summer of 2008 (halfway the month of May).
After arrival it will take some months before the ship can be open to the public.
The delay is caused by the longer time than expected to remove the asbestos.

wvdleek
20th June 2008, 18:26
And again the homecoming is delayed :-(

The ship will not be open to the public before the end of October.

Now I have to see it first, than I can believe it (MAD) (MAD)

PhilColebrook
7th August 2008, 20:49
Well, she's there! I so wanted to see her being towed in but the notice was so short.

Hawkeye
13th August 2008, 11:34
I have got photos of the Rotterdam being towed in on the 4th August. We overtook her when docking in the Hook, and she passed us again later, after we were tired up. I'll try to post some of the photos later.

wvdleek
9th September 2008, 18:01
On 4th of August, I chartered the former minesweeper AMS60 BERNISSE and welcomed the s.s. Rotterdam just outside the breakwaters at Hook of Holland.
We accompanied her all the way up river to her new berth at the Maashaven in Rotterdam.
Photos of that day can be seen via my website.