Cape Cod, Massachusetts wrecks

PatBaltic22
10th April 2007, 16:50
Does anyone know if there are any shipwrecks in Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts? I know there are a few Nazi U-Boat wrecks near Cape Cod. But are there any shipwrecks in Buzzards Bay? The water in Buzzards Bay is somewhat shallow compared to the ocean, but if anyone has information, I would be very happy.

On a side note, I want to commemeorate the 95th anniversary of the maiden voyage of the RMS Titanic sailing from Southampton to New York. May the dead rest in peace as well as the wreck.

Santos
10th April 2007, 20:38
Pat,

try the following site :-

http://www.northernatlanticdive.com/buzzards_bay/bbw_2006.htm

bit of info there.

Chris.(Thumb)

melliget
3rd June 2007, 22:52
Pat.

Several mentions of Buzzards Bay in The Times (London):

05 Mar 1921
Two United States submarines, the E.7 and
O.8, went ashore on Wednesday, one in Long
Island Sound and the other in Buzzards Bay,
Massachusetts. All attempts to get them off
have so far failed.

04 Aug 1924
A large German submarine is reported to
have landed a smuggled cargo of beer and
champagne at Buzzards Bay, near New Bed-
ford, Massachusetts.

16 Nov 1963
The Sun Oil Company's 3,100-ton tanker
Dynafuel, which was badly damaged in a
collision yesterday with the Norwegian
cargo ship Fernview (6,732 tons) at the
entrance to Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts,
sank this morning in shallow water after
the two ships had been separated by tugs.

regards,
Martin

cavanaugh
26th January 2011, 00:54
Does anyone know if there are any shipwrecks in Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts? I know there are a few Nazi U-Boat wrecks near Cape Cod. But are there any shipwrecks in Buzzards Bay? The water in Buzzards Bay is somewhat shallow compared to the ocean, but if anyone has information, I would be very happy.

On a side note, I want to commemeorate the 95th anniversary of the maiden voyage of the RMS Titanic sailing from Southampton to New York. May the dead rest in peace as well as the wreck.

The u boat wrecks are i believe are off nj and the thresher is gone in real deep water and the other one is like 100 miles offshore. Buzzard bay has some wrecks. Ask the cape cod dive shop at the bridge. Ive been doing research on old wrecks myself. Are you just looking in buzzard bay only or around buzzards bay. I scuba dive and im looking for the right partner who lives close. Do you have a boat with navagations equiment?

cavanaugh
26th January 2011, 08:40
please write another email. lost your reply

Takakjian
24th February 2011, 02:27
Loads of wrecks in Buzzards Bay. Come to the Boston Sea Rovers 57th annual underwater clinic in Danvers Mass on March 5th and 6th and you can see some of the artifacts from some of those wrecks and more. www.bostonsearovers.org

Cheers
Eric