Hong Kong tugs

Bob S
26th February 2005, 18:01
Anyone who has been to Hong Kong will know how numerous tugs are in the area such as the H K UNITED 11 & XIAN HANG 286 seen attached. Apart from their names, I am unable to find any further information about these and most other tugs seen. Does anyone know any books or websites that may list tug from that area?
http://www.mardep.gov.hk/en/pub_services/pdf/shipreg_a_z.pdf shows the Hong Kong shipping register but only lists tugs belonging to the bigger towage companies.

Tony Barratt
3rd September 2005, 20:10
Does anyone know what happened to the former RN/RMAS tug Clare based at Hong Kong. Appears to have been withdrwan mid 1980s
Thanks

John Feltham
6th January 2006, 23:12
Hi Bob,
I have a little contribution for your quest, although the two tugs illustrated are from the colonial days - circa 1960. I Hope they are of interest. Please have a look at my photo gallery.
regards,
John

Bob S
7th January 2006, 17:53
Hi Bob,
I have a little contribution for your quest, although the two tugs illustrated are from the colonial days - circa 1960. I Hope they are of interest. Please have a look at my photo gallery.
regards,
John

Thanks John, nice photo, a bit before my time though. (*))

AndyJohannessen
21st March 2007, 01:12
hiya mate,
you need to visit HKST, Hong Kong salvage and Towage website.They have some great pics,
Cheers
Andy

Bob S
21st March 2007, 20:10
Thanks Andy,

Already been there and yes, they do have great pics

Bob