British Ardour

Steve Hodges
6th May 2007, 17:13
Does anyone have a photo of the "British Ardour" that they can post or e-mail, please? I'm searching for one for my brother who sailed on her in the fifties.
Thanks
Steve

John_F
6th May 2007, 22:16
Steve,
Photo of the Ardour attached.
Launched in May 1949 she was completed by Swan Hunter in November of that year, 12,198 dwt. She spent her entire life with BP before being scrapped in October 1962 at Antwerp.
Kind regards,
John

Steve Hodges
6th May 2007, 22:59
Many thanks, John. I told my brother this is a brilliant site!(Thumb)
Best regards
Steve

barnsey
7th May 2007, 12:38
A photo of British Ardour in Gore Bay for you sir .... I don't know if we can load two at a time so I'll do a second post of a different shot of her.

Another Old Salt Sailed on her one Mac Jackson, I'll ask him if he was aboard with your dad.

Barnsey(K)

barnsey
7th May 2007, 12:42
Steve ... what was your dads name ??? apart from Hodges ... in case some wit makes a remark!!!

Barnsey

barnsey
7th May 2007, 12:46
OK Steve lets hope the second pic is on this reply??

If not somone might tell me what my computer is doing wrong its not me I am never doing wrong things.

Barnsey

ruud
7th May 2007, 14:15
Ahoy Steve,
Just send her by e-mail in HR

HENNEGANOL
8th May 2007, 22:13
Barnsey,

Are you sure that the photo you have posted is of the Ardour, as the funnel appears to be too short?

Gerry

rushie
8th May 2007, 23:09
Steve,

Can you tell me your dad's name and when he served on her, as my dad did too. I have his discharge books, so I'll be able to check the dates he sailed on her for you.

Cheers,

Rushie.

barnsey
9th May 2007, 13:32
Gerry,

As far as I can see it is the Ardour ... must be the aspect the photo is taken as the midship accommodation design is compatible with the other Ardour photo which refuses to attach itself to SN messages .. pity because its a cracker...

I'll have another go on thius one too.... fingers crossed

Barnsey