Alistair Wilson, C/E. R.I.P.

HENNEGANOL
12th May 2007, 09:41
As Alistair's name has been mentioned a number of times on this site, it is with great sadness that I have to inform you that he passed away in March at the age of 63. I have been informed that he was suffering from terminal cancer.

Alistair, Jack Thomas and I, all sailed together on the Venture, 1965 /1966 and during a stay at Durban we hired a car and did a grand tour up to Ladysmith and the surrounding areas. As all three of us live in West Wales, Jack and I had hoped to get together with Alistair for old times sake but, unfortunately we were unable to contact him.

I'm not sure what his domestic status was in latter years, however I am sure you will all join me in offering our condolences to his family and friends.

Gerry Taylor

gdynia
12th May 2007, 11:12
With all Respects R.I.P

benjidog
12th May 2007, 22:02
Please convey the condolences of all SN members to the family.

May he rest in peace.

Regards,

Brian

R58484956
13th May 2007, 12:36
Gerry, My condolences to his family as one engineer to another. RIP

JohnBP
16th August 2012, 01:31
I am finding this kind of late but thought I should post this anyway. I sailed with Alistair on the Br. Centaur as his JE for almost 9 months, his wife Carol also sailed part of the time. We became friends and visited Alistair and Carol in Wales (close to Swansea).... great guy good friend....

jep1916
31st January 2014, 17:16
I sailed with Alastair on the British Avon in 1973. I was the Junior 2/E and he was the Senior 2/E. I joined in the isle Of Grain and he went up the road for a couple of beers after handing over, as he was paying off the next day. However, when I phoned home I found out that my Father In law had suddenly died of a heart attack. I think the C/E was called George Gibson and I told him I had to go back home. I left the ship before Alastair returned but re joined 10 days later, again in Grain. He came back as C/E and we continued to sail on the Avon until I paid off. I great lad and I was shocked to read the post of his death. Sorry to be so late with this post, but I have only just joined up as a member.

backsplice
3rd February 2014, 09:00
I was at school with Alastair he was in the next year down ...his brother Brian was in my class he too went to sea as an Engineer with which Co I don,t know but we lost touch through the years ....sadly he too has crossed the bar ... I seem to remember posting similar some years ago

billyboy
3rd February 2014, 09:35
condolences to his family.

Graham Wallace
3rd February 2014, 18:12
I was at school with Alastair he was in the next year down ...his brother Brian was in my class he too went to sea as an Engineer with which Co I don,t know but we lost touch through the years ....sadly he too has crossed the bar ... I seem to remember posting similar some years ago

Alistair was a 1960 Intake BP Clyde Marine Engineering Apprentice ( the last year BP ran Clyde EA's), I first came across him in 2003. He went to Stow College Galsgow.

His brother Brian was also a BP Clyde Marine Engineering Apprentice but the 1958 intake, he left BP in 1968. Alistair told me he died in 1999

Out of interest where was the school you met them?

Graham

Graham Wallace
3rd February 2014, 18:18
Sorry Rob I must have been asleep still, woke up to 2" of snow this morning, haven't recovered yet.

Carnoustie!

Graham

backsplice
4th February 2014, 07:14
Sorry Rob I must have been asleep still, woke up to 2" of snow this morning, haven't recovered yet.

Carnoustie!

Graham

Back under the dooner then ??????? a slight change from the hot winds at Mena al Ahmadi !!!!!!