Donald Thomson, Bosun

Sauce
25th May 2007, 19:03
I'm writing this on behalf of my uncle that isn't familiar with computers. Just to see if anyone recalls him and maybe to pass a message to and fro. He was a Bosun, C.P.O on the post vessels FROM 72-77 These being the BRANDER, CHAMPION, CHARGER, BALMAHA, ENTERPRISE, CHASER, CHARGER, CHALLENGER prior to that he was with NZSC. I have dates for when he was on these vessels. I'm sure he would more than happy to here from anyone that he sailed with just to say hello.
I've heard a few entertaining stories myself from his sea days so maybe there are people ou there that will remember him. He's from the Isle of Lewis Scotland.

fred henderson
25th May 2007, 22:31
In case you have not been greeted, I bid you a warm welcome to our community. As you would expect there are a considerable number of members who are ex-P&O and I hope that some may have sailed with your uncle.

Best regards

Fred(Thumb)

Don A.Macleod
26th May 2007, 01:02
I'm writing this on behalf of my uncle that isn't familiar with computers. Just to see if anyone recalls him and maybe to pass a message to and fro. He was a Bosun, C.P.O on the post vessels FROM 72-77 These being the BRANDER, CHAMPION, CHARGER, BALMAHA, ENTERPRISE, CHASER, CHARGER, CHALLENGER prior to that he was with NZSC. I have dates for when he was on these vessels. I'm sure he would more than happy to here from anyone that he sailed with just to say hello.
I've heard a few entertaining stories myself from his sea days so maybe there are people ou there that will remember him. He's from the Isle of Lewis Scotland.

Welcome Sauce(HP or Heinz tomato) Are you from Ness by any Chance?
Regards
Donald.

Sauce
26th May 2007, 08:34
Yes I'm from ness. I was telling Donald about this website and thought it would be a good way for him to say hello or even get in touch with some of his old shipmates.
With a name like yours and your ness question you must be local yourself.

gdynia
26th May 2007, 08:42
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Don A.Macleod
26th May 2007, 16:10
Yes I'm from ness. I was telling Donald about this website and thought it would be a good way for him to say hello or even get in touch with some of his old shipmates.
With a name like yours and your ness question you must be local yourself.

I am from Ness(Fivepenny originally) but now have a house in Swainbost though I still live near Glasgow airport.Just back from Ness last weekend after a month up there.
I know who your uncle is but never really knew him personally.
I'm sure he'll find some old shipmates with your help but tell him to get a computer of his own and who knows he might get hooked!
My own time at sea was with Brocklebanks so never really met a lot of islanders apart from QMs.Slainte
Donald

sheriff
27th May 2007, 02:16
Hello Donald and Don A. Nessmen (Niseachs) seem to be taking over this site! I think Donald Thomson is my neighbour, (am I right?) and Don A. I know well enough, I sailed with 2 of your brothers, Calum on Installer1 and the late John on 2 North Star standby boats. I am a relitive newcomer to the site myself , just 3 months, it was another Nessman member (Zebo) who told me about it. All the best to all. Another Donald (Sheriff).