Goodlady

tanker
6th March 2005, 16:20
Another vintage profile ,a previous Bank :Genoa road 1984 :GOODLADY.

pete
27th April 2005, 05:58
One of two sister' the other being Speybank. I had the good fortune to sail on both and they were well found vessels. I know that they were not built for Weir's but I believe sold on the stocks. Doubtless someone will have that Info.

That No.2 Hatch was Huuuuuuge!!..............pete

pete
27th April 2005, 06:51
One thing that I forgot to add was that with that cut-away funnel and the wind ahead, (When wasn't it??) the bridge was full of funnel fumes. This wasn't helped by the fact there were fixed fibre-glass awnings over the boat deck which trapped the damn stuff, Oh well ..................pete

johnb42
4th June 2009, 01:21
One thing that I forgot to add was that with that cut-away funnel and the wind ahead, (When wasn't it??) the bridge was full of funnel fumes. This wasn't helped by the fact there were fixed fibre-glass awnings over the boat deck which trapped the damn stuff, Oh well ..................pete

Sailed as Mate on the Marabank for 2 years, would've been all of 1970 and 71.
Remember a few Masters during that time - Willy Watson from Hull, George Scott from Aberdeen and Dai Davies from Bridgend. Clearly recall the fumes on the bridge, the size of the No. 2 hatch and the abortion of the No. 1 hatch - was'nt the collision bulkhead at the aft end of No1? Cracked "A" frames on the winches at the heavy derrick is another memory of this ship - first ones I'd seen.