hello

dredgermate
8th March 2005, 23:26
hello new member I served my time with blue star then transferred across to south coast wherei've been ever since

Doug Rogers
9th March 2005, 00:54
Welcome on board and hope you enjoy the site and the members. Any questions just ask away, someone will know!!.

flyer682
9th March 2005, 08:20
Welcome aboard, dredgermate. Not too much on dredgers on here yet, maybe you could change that for us! It's a great site with a great bunch of blokes and blokettes.

julian anstis
9th March 2005, 09:04
Hi and welcome Dredgermate,

Hope you enjoy the site,take a look at Japottingers gallery to see his excelent hand built models and paintings. I did a couple years dredgeing on ARCO MARINE back in the 70's will post a photo sometime.

tanker
9th March 2005, 09:51
Welcome from Italy , another enthusiast of ship with us.
Gp

oldbosun
9th March 2005, 11:59
Greetings from Canada. Maybe this website will interest you?

http://www.dredgers.nl/

dredgermate
10th March 2005, 00:24
thanks to all who said hello,my introduction was a little short yesterday, i attended the Trinity house school of navigation in hull (1986~89) and then took up a deck cadetship with blue star line, at one point on one ship from the old man down every deck officer was a trinity house old boy as well as the 2nd engineer( 5 of us all told) just prior to taking my ticket the company flagged out and i was transferred across to South Coast Shipping (a bit of a culture shock I 'll admit ( I called the old man sir and he informed me his name was Roy!!!!!!) After f;oating around for a year gaining experience I was given a tempoary 2nd mates berth for 6 months aboard one of the smaller ships in the Fleet( the geriatric class for old and worn out sailors) and 11 years later i'm still there but now have reached the dazzling height of mate

flyer682
10th March 2005, 08:30
You have to forgive me my ignorance (I am in NZ), but who are South Coast Shipping? I've never heard of them.

meechingman
10th March 2005, 15:16
Welcome to the forum. If you're with South Coast, I guess you may call in to Newhaven at times. If so, you'll know my late father's last command - Meeching. Enjoy the forum. Andy (:D)

billyboy
11th July 2005, 12:11
hello new member I served my time with blue star then transferred across to south coast wherei've been ever since
Hello dredgerman, had puter probs and couldnt reply to you. spent a bit of time on "the sand boats myself" served on the Martin and the Star. be glad of any pics or a chat my friend. Bill

billyboy
11th July 2005, 12:34
Hello dredgerman, had puter probs and couldnt reply to you. spent a bit of time on "the sand boats myself" served on the Martin and the Star. be glad of any pics or a chat my friend. Bill
also knew the Greebe , runner, dart,snipe ect. sailed on the pen Adur as well, rember the Arun and the Adur? when on the matrin had many trips to Falmouth with ballast for the dry dock they built there, also familiar with Exmouth, Southhampton Portsmouth, shoreham and Newhaven. Ever suck up 4.2 shells left over from the war? we did on the Martin a few times. John Campbell was the skipper them days.

trotterdotpom
11th July 2005, 14:48
[QUOTE=dredgermate]thanks to all who said hello,my introduction was a little short yesterday, i attended the Trinity house school of navigation in hull (1986~89) ....

Welcome to the site. I remember seeing the lads from the Trinity House School, wearing the old Victorian (?) uniform all around the old town in Hull, especially on market day (cod, chips and mint sauce - yum). Is the school still going or is that another lost tradition?

John T.