Eric Heppenstall

Peter Eccleson
8th June 2007, 00:04
Anyone remember Eric Heppenstall? Sailed with him on Lucerna/Lucellum on the Columbian Coast in the 70's. Last heard of him as Capt of the Ogden Saguenay (same class of tanker as Lucerna) and living in the USA.

Derek Roger
8th June 2007, 01:25
Anyone remember Eric Heppenstall? Sailed with him on Lucerna/Lucellum on the Columbian Coast in the 70's. Last heard of him as Capt of the Ogden Saguenay (same class of tanker as Lucerna) and living in the USA.

I sailed with Eric either on the Luminus or Lusterous early 70s > He was mate and I 2nd or Chief Eng . Nice chap .
Derek

Peter Eccleson
12th June 2007, 16:45
Thanks Derek...I am trying to find out what happened to him. Don't suppose you have any knowledge?

Derek Roger
12th June 2007, 23:24
Sorry no . I only sailed with him once and I left Brocks in 76 and emigrated to Canada to ' Try and Build Ships them rather than Sail them . Must the the sailing days were generally more fun .
Regards Derek

Larry Dev
22nd June 2007, 21:03
Anyone got a photo of the "Brescia" an ex hickory vessel, I understand her original name was "Hickory Isle". Seen her in the early sixties in the Med as the "Brescia" Cunard. Would appreciate a photo and her history posted on the site.

R58484956
23rd June 2007, 13:15
MV Brescia 3817 tons built 1945 (Ex Hickory Isle -1947) 326.8 x 50.0 x 26.3.
1- 6cyl diesel built by Nordberg Mfg,Milwaukee. 3 Masts. DF, ESD,GyC.
Code flags GCXZ. Machinery aft. 2 decks, cruiser stern. built by Consolidated Steel Corp,Wilmington Calif; Registered Liverpool, British flag. Owned by Cunard.

Vincent Borg
1st March 2008, 12:41
Anyone got a photo of the "Brescia" an ex hickory vessel, I understand her original name was "Hickory Isle". Seen her in the early sixties in the Med as the "Brescia" Cunard. Would appreciate a photo and her history posted on the site.

Hello Larry,

You can find a good photo of the Brescia on this site

www.photoship.co.uk.

Regards,

Vincent Borg.
Naxxar.
Malta.