Norvegia Team

G4UMW
9th June 2007, 23:44
Does anyone have any pictures of the Norvegia Team they'd care to post? I did a trip on her as R/O in about 1976. George Hay was Master, the only other name I can remember is Brian McKendrick who was 3/Eng.

Gulpers
10th June 2007, 05:15
G4UMV,

Nothing in our Gallery on Norvegia Team but there are shots of other Team ships.
Savonia Team, Suecia Team, Gothia Team and Anglia Team.
Sod's Law that the one you want is missing! (Sad)

G4UMW
10th June 2007, 06:06
Yep, I've never managed to find a picture of her. My trip on her was the longest but probably the happiest of my sea-going career. :D

Graham Hutton
21st June 2007, 21:07
Was on Norvegia Team around 1976-77. George Hay was old man, Alec McLeod chief Engineer and Tommy McSkimming 2nd Engineer. I was 3rd Engineer. Lecky was Jim Troup. Have some pictures somewhere on slides. Will scan ans send

Graham Hutton

muldonaich
21st June 2007, 21:22
Was on Norvegia Team around 1976-77. George Hay was old man, Alec McLeod chief Engineer and Tommy McSkimming 2nd Engineer. I was 3rd Engineer. Lecky was Jim Troup. Have some pictures somewhere on slides. Will scan ans send

Graham Huttonsailed with george hay he was mate on wawick fort a great guy taught me a lot i was doing my pumpman he used to be a cop kev.

G4UMW
23rd June 2007, 09:56

Graham Hutton

Thanks Graham, much appreciated. I really can't recall many of the other guys; the Chief Engineer was a little Scot, the 2nd Eng was, I think, a Yorkshireman named Ken - I sailed with him again when he was Chief on the Arctic Troll.

muldonaich - I quite agree, George Hay was a great guy. He went on leave during my trip and rejoined the ship in Hong Kong. Word got around the Chinese crew that he was coming back and they applauded him all the way up the gangway on his return.

Regards,

Rob

muldonaich
23rd June 2007, 13:08
Thanks Graham, much appreciated. I really can't recall many of the other guys; the Chief Engineer was a little Scot, the 2nd Eng was, I think, a Yorkshireman named Ken - I sailed with him again when he was Chief on the Arctic Troll.

muldonaich - I quite agree, George Hay was a great guy. He went on leave during my trip and rejoined the ship in Hong Kong. Word got around the Chinese crew that he was coming back and they applauded him all the way up the gangway on his return.

Regards,

Robthat cheng would it have been ken brammel another good guy kev.

Gulpers
23rd June 2007, 13:21
that cheng would it have been ken brammel another good guy kev.

Good call Kevin - I'm sure he was Arctic Troll's C/E on one of my spells on board! (Applause)

Edit ........... or it may have been Troll River (?HUH)

G4UMW
23rd June 2007, 13:35
That name rings a bell - thanks! Also seem to recall that the Cheng's name was Davy - sorry that I can't be more specific. I call it nostalgia, my wife calls it dementia! (Whaaa)

muldonaich
23rd June 2007, 16:01
Good call Kevin - I'm sure he was Arctic Troll's C/E on one of my spells on board! (Applause)

Edit ........... or it may have been Troll River (?HUH)
he was also cheng on vancouver forest kev.ps gordon lawrence was the other chief on the van.

Gulpers
23rd June 2007, 16:56
he was also cheng on vancouver forest kev.ps gordon lawrence was the other chief on the van.

Right again Kevin .... maybe it's Vancouver Forest I'm thinking of (?HUH)
I do remember Gordon Lawrence on VF but I'm totally confused now with Ken Brammel ..... I can picture the guy and it was certainly one of the UK crewed ships I sailed with him on!
I guess I've had another "brain fart!" (Jester)

muldonaich
23rd June 2007, 17:56
I do remember Gordon Lawrence on VF but I'm totally confused now with Ken Brammel ..... I can picture the guy and it was certainly one of the UK crewed ships I sailed with him on!
I guess I've had another "brain fart!" (Jester)hi ray he was on the trolls and the forest ships kev

muldonaich
23rd June 2007, 17:57
That name rings a bell - thanks! Also seem to recall that the Cheng's name was Davy - sorry that I can't be more specific. I call it nostalgia, my wife calls it dementia! (Whaaa)davy hogg by any chance???

G4UMW
24th June 2007, 07:28
davy hogg by any chance???

Could well be Kev, but I really can't remember. Age I guess!

lapoolcan
9th August 2007, 00:58
sailed on the Novegia Team 1972 Davy Miller C/E, Bobby Mcgowan3/E,Electricain Alan ?(Geordie)great guy,I was 4/E (John Eaton.)We also had a Ben Line Captain learning the operatation of an OboAlso carried technician from Swedish yard where ship was built.i joined and left the ship Kharg Island Iran.Shah was still the man then .

michaelF
9th August 2007, 11:04
I guess I've had another "brain fart!" (Jester)

Is this Ken ?

mike

G4UMW
9th August 2007, 12:10
Mike,
That looks like Ken Brammel.

John,
Thanks for the memory jog. Davy Miller was Cheng during my time on board.

Rob

Tom McNeill
1st September 2008, 21:11
That name rings a bell - thanks! Also seem to recall that the Cheng's name was Davy - sorry that I can't be more specific. I call it nostalgia, my wife calls it dementia! (Whaaa)

Canon perhaps?

Gulpers
1st September 2008, 22:41
Is this Ken ?

mike

Mike,

Yes that certainly is Ken. (Thumb)

Dave.Finney
12th October 2008, 08:57
Did my first trip on Norvegia Team in 1976. Rejoiced in the name of 'Nelson'.
Captain Hay was there, relieved by Captain Jordan. Long time ago !

johnhagan
23rd November 2008, 14:04
I have not got a photo of Norvegia team.I sailed as cadet on the suecia team 79.
I sailed with tommy mcskimming on the nordic faith and stayed friends(Cloud) until he unfortuniately dead last year.Tommy work for Calmac after he left Denholms

ken1960
28th December 2009, 15:33
I too had the pleasure of sailing on Norvegia team in 1976. joined in Ijmuiden in November and went to Cabinda, Philladelphia.. went through Suez at 66000 tons. George Hay was the skipper, Maurice (irish guy was the mate) Tommy Mcskimming 2nd Engineer (sadly departed) Angus Mcleod was the 2nd Mat and Peter Yates 3rd Mate. R/O was Nigel ? and Mark Read was the other cadet ........ well it was a long time ago. I found some pics on flikr.com a couple of months back just searching under "Norvegia team"

Bigmo
28th December 2009, 17:40
Yep, I was mate on the Norvegia Team in 1976 with George Hay then Willie Coutts, last trip as Choff. Andy Kaye was Ch Eng, remember the 2/O did up the bar, was very fancy! Paid off in Algercias, all well organised for the crew flying from Cadiz, Brit officers not not booked on any flight! Good ship as long as the engineers didn't want the cargo pumps for generator duties, if my memory serves me right they were interconnected.