Hello Folks

pete
13th March 2005, 13:52
Hello All

I'm Pete a retired seafarer who sailed with Bank Line for about 15/16 Years am particulary interested in Dartbank (Lanka Keerti) who looked after me for 23 months 1967 to 1969. All I know is She was delivered at H&W on 17/01/58, sold to CSC Sri Lanka in 1975 and Broken up at Gadani Beach 10 Years later. Any further info and or Photographs would be much appreciated.

Cheers for now Pete

Steve
13th March 2005, 18:57
Hello Pete welcome to SN !

John Rogers
13th March 2005, 22:22
The good old Bank Line, sailed on the Moraybank back in 1948, pleasant memories. Welcome to the board.

Doug Rogers
14th March 2005, 04:56
Welcome to the site and I hope that you enjoy it, look forward to your input after such a long time at sea. I am very sure that you will find the information you require very quickly now, there are some amazingly informed and helpful people around.
I actually joined the Dartbank in Hamburg in 1963 but following an accident during boat drill while she was still alongside paid off four days later with a severely fractured skull and tendon and ligament damage to my hands.
Never saw her again, she seemed a nice ship at such short perspective but as it turned out she certainly played a very pivotal role in my life!!

BASHER
28th February 2008, 10:44
DEar Pete. My name is Pete also. I joined the DARTBANK on her trials in 1958 {Belfast} her first voyage was light to SAFI {morocco] i the spent the next 23 months on board then finished my time App Nav Off she started life under Capt"n HOLBROOK. who later payed off in Calcutta.being replaced by Capt Feint.the C /E WAS d m bROWN. you name the place we went there
we even circumnavigated Sth America, what fun we swopped Cigs and Whiskey for the largest Mussels i have ever seen whith the weather men going through the Magelen Straits, only problem was they lasted too long and can now not face them anymore. Best Regards, Peter Green [Basher]

R58484956
28th February 2008, 10:54
Greetings Pete and a warm welcome to sN. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

Dalby
22nd December 2009, 17:14
I also joined the Dartbank on her maiden voyage as a first trip 3/0.If my memory serves me well I believe we met up in Crawley?some months earlier when you paid off ,I having been paid off sick some months earlier. Jim Gooch

billyboy
22nd December 2009, 23:22
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

benjidog
22nd December 2009, 23:37
Wake up Billy - he joined in 2005.

You had better put that bottle down. :)