Accessing Yahoo mail

KIWI
17th June 2007, 11:08
Just today I find myself unable to get into my Yahoo mail. It is the beta version and should have a switch back icon on my panel,but doesn't. I can't even get into my options to change back to the old version.

The PC comes up with the following coding:

PROGRA~1/Yahoo/Common/ymmapi.dll missing

My daughter thinks this is a corrupt file or something similar and was able to find the missing component online but not install it.

Any suggestions?

Have tried uninstalling email, deleting cookies,forwarding from another email but nothing works.

KIWI
17th June 2007, 22:42
Daughter spent several hours tapping away with the result that the screen is coming up with the right stuff,in the original form & much better.She is not aware of what exactly righted the situation but it is working. Kiwi

sparkie2182
18th June 2007, 00:00
i think sometimes yahho itself throws a porky............
specially at weekends when they do the refurbishments to their hardware .........these things do tend to happen at weekends.

regards...........

allan

WrenchWhore
27th June 2009, 21:49
i think sometimes yahho itself throws a porky............

allan

..as do a number of online services.

CW

sparkie2182
27th June 2009, 22:08
I also had recent serious problems with yahoo mail extending for over 2 weeks.
I contacted yahoo and received what appeared to be computer generated responses which were far from reassuring, stating they were looking into it, and could i provide answers to a few questions about my PC settings.

After about 2 weeks, the situation "righted itself" overnight, presumably the problem had been with yahoo.

if the problem continues i suggest you contact yahoo directly

tell
28th June 2009, 02:14
I have experienced something similar in windows mail (vista)it keeps asking me for my password which I haven't had to enter since i first set it up (6 months ago)it wont accept my password now

Chris Isaac
28th June 2009, 09:22
I use Yahoo but via Windows Outlook and I never have any problems with this method. Yahoo contains instructions on how to set this up.

duquesa
28th June 2009, 10:09
Something bizarre going on in yahoo in the past few days! I have been receiving emails with attachments. Each attachment is fine in it's own right but each one also contains a picture of my wife's school friends of over 50 years ago taken recently. Not one of the senders is in possession of that photo. How you explain that I don't know.

Chris Isaac
28th June 2009, 11:28
Must be something on your computer as I have not received any pictures of your wife's friends. Perhaps you should post it here so that we can all look out for them[=P]

Peggy747
28th June 2009, 11:41
I had a similar problem a few weeks ago -It said "Internal server error http 500" it came back OK after about 9 days , it was no good .

Peter