This month's Sea Breezes (June)

ddraigmor
19th June 2007, 11:21
Emm, a bit of self publicity here!

This month's 'Sea Breezes' carries an article I wrote for them about 18 months ago entitled 'Blood on the bulkheads'.

Got 40 for it - alas, I also got a speeding ticket the other day so that takes care of the profit margin.......

Jonty

Gulpers
19th June 2007, 15:23
Emm, a bit of self publicity here!

This month's 'Sea Breezes' carries an article I wrote for them about 18 months ago entitled 'Blood on the bulkheads'.

Got 40 for it - alas, I also got a speeding ticket the other day so that takes care of the profit margin.......

Jonty

Thanks Jonty,

Will keep an eye out for your article!

Hmmmm! 40 payment - in North Wales that would mean you are in a "negative 20 profit" situation since our Chief Constable hits you for 60! (Jester)

ddraigmor
19th June 2007, 20:07
Ah, it was West Mercia, three fifty six am going through the country road at Ruyton XII Towns - 51 mph in a 40mph zone - no matter the weather was good, I had not seen another car since leaving Bangor and didn't until I got to Telford - I was still 'speeding'.

To make matters worse, I then killed a rabbit outside Telford which made me feel even worse!

I had only just got a clean licence back as well.......

Jonty

Trader
20th June 2007, 22:10
Sorry Jonty, I have got the June issue of "Sea Breezes" but I don't see your article.

Trader.

Gulpers
20th June 2007, 22:19
Sorry Jonty, I have got the June issue of "Sea Breezes" but I don't see your article.

Trader.

Me too Jonty!

I went to Chadwick's and bought it today but can't find the article! (?HUH)

ddraigmor
21st June 2007, 11:09
Drat - it is called 'blood on the bulkheads' (dramatic title......) and is in the April issue. They sent the cheque with a copy of the articvle - my faulkt for presuming it was this months........

What a wuss!

Jonty

Chief Engineer's Daughter
21st June 2007, 20:27
Jonty

Auld Age doesnae come itsel'! (LOL) We'll put your slip up down to a senior moment.

Need to go and dig out the April copy of Sea Breezes.

ddraigmor
21st June 2007, 20:30
I tell you this! Auld age maybe - but isn't it indicative of the stress those darned people I work with put me under? ;-)

Ta, O Gentle Lady Of The Coastguard - at least someone will see it and believe me!

Jonty

Gulpers
21st June 2007, 20:34
Jonty,

You need to get back up here to Anglesey and chill out a bit! (Pint)

You're too far inland down there mate! (EEK)

But, if you do come up remember the 70mph speed limit! (Jester)

Oh yes, can you just confirm that you mean the April 2007 issue? (Thumb)

Chief Engineer's Daughter
21st June 2007, 20:46
Drat - it is called 'blood on the bulkheads' (dramatic title......) and is in the April issue. They sent the cheque with a copy of the articvle - my faulkt for presuming it was this months........

What a wuss!

Jonty

Okay, I have the April 2007 issue of SB in front of me and......... mmmmmmm, er Jonty, what page is it on? (Gleam)

(Thankyou for the title "Gentle lady of the Coastguard" by the way! )

Trader
21st June 2007, 22:10
Just had a look through the April edition and still don't see it. Are you sure it was "Sea Breezes" Jonty.

Trader

John Rogers
21st June 2007, 23:30
Could it be in the Dandy or the Beano??? Only joking.

John

ddraigmor
22nd June 2007, 15:31
AAARGH!

Ok, here goes: It is in March 2007 issue. Vol 81 Issue 735 of Sea Breezes! It is on the front cover as Rites of Passage and on page 96. I hope you think it's worth reading now.....

Gulpers, you are so right. I need to chill out. I will be tomorrow as I am orf to view a Polo Match near Tewksbury, Glos. Some royal or other playing in an international and then the UK Ladies vs The Rest Of The World in the second half. That should calm me down. Pimms, a nice blanket on the ground and a buffett in the boot of the Freelander - and just enjoying the ponies!

70mph taken - but actually it was 51 in a 40mph that got me!

Hope this clears it up now - and CED? Ah, you deserve it because you are a lady unlike the ruffians you work with!

Jonty

Gulpers
22nd June 2007, 15:39
OK! Who's got a copy of March 2007's Sea Breezes? (?HUH)

mcgurggle
22nd June 2007, 17:43
DDRAIGMOR has....!!(Whaaa)
McG

John Briggs
22nd June 2007, 23:45
It sold out! Great article in there (I think)!

ddraigmor
23rd June 2007, 00:41
Oh you guys!

Someone will - someone will!

Jonty

Trader
23rd June 2007, 15:33
I have somewhere. I never chuck anything.

Trader

duquesa
23rd June 2007, 15:41
Read it in bed last night. Quite an experience for a 20 year old. Well written.

ddraigmor
24th June 2007, 08:38
Duquesa,

Thank you - I was beginning to doubt if anyone had seen it!

It was indeed........

Jonty

billyboy
24th June 2007, 08:48
cant get sea breezes here it seems. anyone going to scan it and put it on site so us poor thirld world morons can have a butchers ... LOL

ddraigmor
24th June 2007, 17:15
Billyboy,

I don't have a scanner or I would! I will ask at work but I don't think they have one either.and before Gulpers gets on my case and suggests something like 'Oh dear, didn't you save it?' the answer is I did - but I had a crash and lost it. So there!

BTW Gulpers, West Mercia Constabulary were so pleased that I paid them that they autographed my driving license. Isn't that nice of them?

Jonty

Gulpers
24th June 2007, 17:32
Billyboy,

BTW Gulpers, West Mercia Constabulary were so pleased that I paid them that they autographed my driving license. Isn't that nice of them?

Jonty

Jonty,

You've obviously got friends in high places ....... or, on reflection, maybe you don't! (Sad)

ddraigmor
25th June 2007, 09:35
I must have - they seemed to want to take my photograph......!

I guess I am just unlucky - I can't be accused of being a speed freak in a Hyundai Accent now can I?

Jonty

Gulpers
25th June 2007, 09:37
........ I can't be accused of being a speed freak in a Hyundai Accent now can I?
Jonty

No, but it proves that you have a sense of humour! (Jester)

ddraigmor
25th June 2007, 12:39
Ow!

I got it for £5000 brand new, and am at 100,000k with it in about 500 miles times. It has never let me down, slogs along like a good 'un, is economical. What more could you ask for?

However, I will admit - horse shows (polo, x-country, trials etc) we use her Freelander........and yes, before you ask, I do have the obligatory green wax jacket (complete with riding flap to rear)........but I don't do green wellies!

Sense of humour. In my job? It's a given!

Jonty