frank childs donkeyman city of durban 78/86

frannysea
30th June 2007, 07:25
i am looking for any old mates of my dad , frank childs donkeyman,from liverpool, he was on the durban from build to when it changed its name to the act 8,he was an ellermans man throughout the 70s/80s, my dad passed away 4 years ago and i was looking for any old ellermans crew ond offs, who may have any old pictures of him and the lads, if so could you email them to me at fgchilds@talk21.com, thankyou
p,s, i was also in ellermans on the carchester 79/80 and then the durban with me dad,,

Motorman
3rd July 2007, 05:59
Hello, my mate Tom Foot was on the Carchester as Mate/2nd Mate, I'll get in touch and see if he has anything

frannysea
4th July 2007, 08:12
cheers motorman, i was on the carchester, joined 18th dec 1979, did three runs to the states, then she was transfered to silver line, which was g/p, i left and joined the city of durban,

Motorman
5th July 2007, 06:50
No problem, spoke to Tom and he remembers the name but says he doesn't think he has any photos but he's going to try to find his old sailing book with all the crew lists in it. It might take him a while, he has been farming in Cornwall for about 20 years. Do you remember an old mate of mine on the Durban, Wally King, he was quartermaster on there for a few runs, he was an old hand who had spent many years on the Pamir under sail

frannysea
6th July 2007, 10:39
sorry mate. i dont remember, remember a wally king , i only did 1 trip on the durban, much to my fathers disgust as it was ellermans who sponsered me to go to gravesend, i am living in thailand whilst on leave , but when i get back to uk i shall get out all me old photos and put them on this site

gus carver hull
20th December 2008, 21:56
from gus carver hull
hi motorman just seen your mesage about wally king ,i sailed with him on the city of durban , he was a great guy and first class seaman i was bosun at time ,i joined on the 2nd voyage and left at her last voyage for ellermans at the dry docks in germany best regards gus carver hull