Canberra

Andy
27th March 2004, 00:01
Canberra

courtesy of ageofsail.com

FILIPVS
21st April 2011, 03:15
The SS Canberra was a regular visitor of Vigo...

In these pictures she is moored in "Estación Marítima" pier... her normal berth.

FILIPVS
23rd April 2011, 16:43
This is a postcard of Vigo with <<Canberra>> moored in the passenger terminal. Normally the ship arrived early in the morning and departed in the afternoon about six o'clock..

I knew a third mate of this ship and told me that sometimes she remained at anchor on the bay using lifeboats to carry passengers to shore... but I did not see such thing ever...

POHeritage
21st June 2011, 15:13
Exhibition News!
Online Canberra Exhibition - Coming Soon!
This year marks the 50th anniversary of S.S. CANBERRA’s entry into service. To commemorate this and remember this remarkable ship, P&O Heritage will be launching a new online exhibition later this summer along with a new online gallery displaying selected items from our unique... collection of CANBERRA memorabilia, printed ephemera, paintings and photographs.

The exhibition will feature comments and memories from former passengers and crew and we welcome any relevant memories about your time on board CANBERRA. Please email canberra@poheritage.com with your comment/memory (no more than 150 words) and you may see it featured in our online exhibition.