Internet Fraud

Binnacle
22nd July 2007, 09:26
A news item on BBC Radio today, advises Internet users not to give date of birth and or name on unsecured Internet sites. Take care.

R58484956
22nd July 2007, 17:22
Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Tmac1720
22nd July 2007, 19:05
Speaking as a victim of identity theft, the experience is bloody inconvenient and time consuming to repair the damage these bastards do. It took me weeks to sort out new bank details etc and I still don't know how they did it. That said I would lay odds we are quite safe on this site, we are all honourable lads and lassies here(Thumb) but a timely warning none the less.

JoK
22nd July 2007, 21:40
It still is a good habit not to make a habit of releasing to much personal info on any Forum. It is quite astounding how much you can learn about a person you have never meet just by reading and never commenting.

benjidog
23rd July 2007, 07:55
Speaking as a victim of identity theft, the experience is bloody inconvenient and time consuming to repair the damage these bastards do. It took me weeks to sort out new bank details etc and I still don't know how they did it. That said I would lay odds we are quite safe on this site, we are all honourable lads and lassies here(Thumb) but a timely warning none the less.

Sorry to hear your identity was stolen Tmac! Who are you now? (Jester)

Brian

Tmac1720
23rd July 2007, 11:15
Sorry to hear your identity was stolen Tmac! Who are you now? (Jester)

Brian

My name is Jack and I live in the back of the Greta Garbo home (thanks to Coastie) Actually my name is now Brian Benjidog and I've just emptied your bank account(EEK) pity there wasn't much in it(Thumb)

lilguy43uk
27th July 2007, 18:42
Look for the padlock in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, if it isn't secured, reveal nowt.