Whoops!

Philthechill
23rd July 2007, 21:02
Have I crossed "The Rubicon of Good Taste" with my slightly triumphalistic message about the turbo-alternators on "Mangla/Mathura" being, in all probability, Bellis & Morcomb or am I being overly sensitive 'cos there's been no response? Answers on a chupatti please!! Burra Salaams, Phil.

standby
23rd July 2007, 21:45
Missed the previous thread but Beliss and Morcome in my experience were normally twin cylinder reciprocating enclosed steam driven engines connected to DC Generators 110 to 210 volts output.

Philthechill
23rd July 2007, 22:02
Missed the previous thread but Beliss and Morcome in my experience were normally twin cylinder reciprocating enclosed steam driven engines connected to DC Generators 110 to 210 volts output.
I have made a bit of a "foxes pass" in my posting the thread about Bellis & Morcomb "Winning the day"! I SHOULD have put it on the "What was your favourite Brock ship and why?" thread as that was where other people raised doubts about "Mangla/Mathura" having B & M turbo-alternators! I'll put it down to a bad glass of gin!! Or a dodgey curry!! Or a can of Tennents!! Or a----------------z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z

Jim S
23rd July 2007, 22:17
Have I crossed "The Rubicon of Good Taste" with my slightly triumphalistic message about the turbo-alternators on "Mangla/Mathura" being, in all probability, Bellis & Morcomb or am I being overly sensitive 'cos there's been no response? Answers on a chupatti please!! Burra Salaams, Phil.
Phil,
Certainly no offence taken on your claim - However it's not over till the fat lady sings and I hope to come back at you with proof of my claim.
I am surprised that Derek Roger or Stuart Smith have not added their tuppence worth to the debate.

Regards,

Jim S

marine master
23rd July 2007, 22:35
Maybe no one is in the least bit interested!

Don A.Macleod
24th July 2007, 00:11

Phil,when you initially posted this I agreed with you as I had worked on the two ships and coasted them both so I adamantly stick to B&M and I will reiterate that I never came across PB in Brocks.Also as I was involved in the connecting up of the switchboard and alternators on the Mathura I was very confident.The main Switchboard incidentally was Sunderland Forge with whom I served my apprenticeship. Salaams Donald.

Philthechill
24th July 2007, 06:42
Maybe no one is in the least bit interested! You're probably right, Master Mariner! Now why didn't I think of that? Ho-hum! Punkah-wallah! Juldi! Get heaving on that punkah! Fetch me another Rawlings and fresh lime and put me back in the box labelled "Not wanted on voyage"! Z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z Burra salaams! Phil

Bob_F
24th July 2007, 07:48
Thanks for the update, I was sure the Mangla had a B&M Turbo Alternator.

Santos
24th July 2007, 20:58
My Mangla had a handle and two rollers (Jester)