Cerinthus (IV) - 1978 built mini-bulker.

roymuir
27th July 2007, 03:31
Some 13 months ago I posted a request if anyone had a picture of Cerinthus. I had several replies from members, but sadly it was an earlier vessel that they all came up with.
I thought it worth the while to try again. Maybe a newer member can come up with something.
Thanks to all who have tried already.

Regards, Roy.

non descript
27th July 2007, 08:04
Roy, I am sorry nothing turned up. I will endeavour to locate a picture of her, but to jog the memories in the meantime; she was launched in April 1976 as Jocare by VEB Schiffswerft, Rostock and delivered in 1977 to her Norwegian owners. She was sold on as Oyapok and then again as Barbizon before being purchased by Hadleys in 1979.

saltyswamp
27th July 2007, 18:59
Roy, I am sorry nothing turned up. I will endeavour to locate a picture of her, but to jog the memories in the meantime; she was launched in April 1976 as Jocare by VEB Schiffswerft, Rostock and delivered in 1977 to her Norwegian owners. She was sold on as Oyapok and then again as Barbizon before being purchased by Hadleys in 1979.

Hi arn't you talking about Clymene, Roys talking about the Cerinthus
stuart(Pint)

non descript
27th July 2007, 20:02
Stuart, you are of course correct... my apologies for not reading the question. (Jester)

It is far from perfect, but here ( http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/73416/cat/517) is a link to a photograph of Cerinthus (IV) - built for Hadleys at Appledore and delivered 1978; sold in 1986 and re-named Telis K.

ps. In passing, your very good thumb-nail is the Clymene (II) that I wrote about in error.

roymuir
28th July 2007, 06:56
Thanks very much Tonga and Stuart. I have been chasing a picture of her for quite some time.

Regards, Roy.

BurtonStather
22nd February 2008, 19:44
I joined the Cerinthus at the Appledore yard in 1978 and sailed as second mate for about 4-5 months. It was my last ship with the Houlder fleet having started as apprentice in 1969 on the Oredian. I have some photos of the Cerinthus.