Queen of Sheeba

Bob S
25th March 2005, 15:43
Ethiopian Shipping Lines QUEEN OF SHEEBA (66/5182) seen in the India & Millwall Dock in London.

Jan Hendrik
26th March 2005, 02:47
Now this brings back some memories as on 22nd Nov 1969 with my company in Rotterdam I played a soccer match against the crew of the Queen of Sheeba.
Ethiopean Shipping Line was established in 1966 and operated 3 vessels at the time.
I do not know how they are positioned today but late 90's they were still trading with about 10-15 ships.
Does anyone know more about this Government owned shipping company?

As I was the captain of our soccer team (!) we then exchanged flags (pennants) in the middle of the park just prior to kick off. (my team won 1-0).
I still got the one at home, as shown herewith.
And yes, that is a "very young" me who exchanges the pennant with one of the crewmembers and an onlooking referee.

What were the names of the other two ships?
I remember I have been on board on all of them.

Bob S
26th March 2005, 14:09
I can remember seeing the LION OF JUDAR a few times, not sure what the other was at the time.

tem
22nd December 2005, 05:26
Here is the web site for Ethiopian Shipping lines.

http://www.ethiopianshippinglines.com.et/

Regards,
Tem

Now this brings back some memories as on 22nd Nov 1969 with my company in Rotterdam I played a soccer match against the crew of the Queen of Sheeba.
Ethiopean Shipping Line was established in 1966 and operated 3 vessels at the time.
I do not know how they are positioned today but late 90's they were still trading with about 10-15 ships.
Does anyone know more about this Government owned shipping company?

As I was the captain of our soccer team (!) we then exchanged flags (pennants) in the middle of the park just prior to kick off. (my team won 1-0).
I still got the one at home, as shown herewith.
And yes, that is a "very young" me who exchanges the pennant with one of the crewmembers and an onlooking referee.

What were the names of the other two ships?
I remember I have been on board on all of them.

Jan Hendrik
22nd December 2005, 08:28
Thanks for that Tem. Last time I could not find this site.
So now we know about their current situation and I sent an email to the Marketing Manager with some old data which he may appreciate.
Jan