John Briggs
14th August 2007, 18:54
For the last day I get the following message when trying to log in -

"$bbuserinfo[username], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are trying to post, your account may still be awaiting activation by email.
If you are trying to access a full member only area, you will need to upgrade first. Click here to upgrade!
Log Out Home "

I can no longer access the home page but can get into everything else. Can anyone help?

benjidog
14th August 2007, 21:54
John,

I am not sure if this is the first time you have had this problem but to start with I suggest you exit from SN using the Log Out control at the top left of the SN screen. Then close your browser. Restart your browser and log on to SN again. With a bit of luck and a fair wind all will be well. If not post another message here and we will take another look.

Regards,

Brian

John Briggs
15th August 2007, 00:41
Thanks Brian, I have done that but it doesn't help. It has only been for the last two days. Couldn't be anything to do with becoming a supporter of SN could it?

John Briggs
15th August 2007, 05:32
The site is rising up against me! I can no longer post comments on photos as the message box does not appear.

John Briggs
15th August 2007, 05:58
Now I am told that I do not have permission to post photos. I am slowly being squeezed out of the site. Can anyone help please?

non descript
15th August 2007, 08:10
John

I am sorry you appear to be having a problem. Given the initial very sound advice from Brian has not provided a good cure, it seems that there is a hiccup.

If you could continue to take the remedial action suggested by Brian, in the meantime Admin will have a close look and see if there is a bug.

Regards
Mark

beejay
15th August 2007, 09:37
I also had a problem last night,no matter how often I tried I could not log in.My user name was aceppted but i could not enter my password.No problems tonight however.

Brian.

Ollie
15th August 2007, 12:41
Sorry to hear you've been having troubles, John. I've tweaked a few bits and pieces, I think it should be resolved now - could you take a look for me and tell me if it's all working as it should be now?

John Briggs
15th August 2007, 13:34
Many thanks Ollie - almost fixed. I no longer get the message that I do not have permission to access the page but all I get is the very bottom section of the page. No way can I scroll up so I still cant get the home page. I can now post comments on photos but the box is over to the left of screen and not in the centre. It appears that I can now post photos. Much improved, thanks Ollie.

Ollie
15th August 2007, 14:07
Hi John,

How is it now?

John Briggs
15th August 2007, 17:55
Hallelujah!!!!! All fixed. Many thanks Ollie!

non descript
15th August 2007, 19:21
That's good news John, and well done to Ollie (Applause)