RMAS Robust

Bob S
29th March 2005, 19:01
Couldn’t they find a smaller tug?

RMAS ROBUST (A366) towing MFV94 back to Portsmouth during July 1994, photographed as they passed Tilbury.

Hendo!
1st December 2005, 09:08
RMAS Robust in new colours at Tampa Bay, Florida.

http://www.sd-dev.demon.co.uk/page8.html

gordonw
9th February 2011, 15:24

RMAS ROBUST (A366) towing MFV94 back to Portsmouth during July 1994, photographed as they passed Tilbury.

Im sure i was on that trip,by the time we got back to devonport the tow wire had chaffed nearly through the wheelhouse.

NickNZ
22nd February 2011, 08:41
The Yanks know a bargain when they see one, or three.

barnorth
30th September 2012, 22:42
Im sure i was on that trip,by the time we got back to devonport the tow wire had chaffed nearly through the wheelhouse.
I was also on that trip, the tow was the mfv 96 ex sea cadets and the port of delivery was portsmouth,

gordonw
1st October 2012, 13:26

The MFV was taken to Devonport,when we arrived we waited in Cawsand Bay for extra pumps to be put on and a smaller tug to take the MFV up harbour.

Nutbourne
14th October 2012, 10:19
I do remember MFV 94 after she got back to Portsmouth she was placed at Royal Clarence Yard as has been mentioned previously the bollards back aft parted company from the deck and cut through the after deckhouse severing it with the deck right up to the wheelhouse. It was sold 94/95 and is at smiths quay on the river itched. Still painted grey and white. I photographed it after it was towed from the Thames , I had a brief look on board a bit of a mess aft engine room intact.