Devonia

Andy
27th March 2004, 00:35
Devonia

Chris Rogers
9th March 2006, 13:31
Andy, Seeing the Devonia on the site brought back great memories of a school I went on it was cruise 67 in 1967 sailed lfrom Swansea to Gib then Alicante cruise in Med then Lisbon and back to Swansea the price then was 42 those were the days regards Chris Rogers

uncle al
17th April 2010, 13:30
Andy, Seeing the Devonia on the site brought back great memories of a school I went on it was cruise 67 in 1967 sailed lfrom Swansea to Gib then Alicante cruise in Med then Lisbon and back to Swansea the price then was 42 those were the days regards Chris Rogers

i did one of the 1st school cruises (1964) around the greek islands--fantastic

John Callon
17th April 2010, 23:17
Sailed on her when she was the troopship Devonshire. Sailed on the last voyage she did as a troopship before being sold to B.I. Quite a few of the Bibby Line crews were sorry to see her go, myself included.
Regards,
John

silverfox
19th April 2010, 21:04
Sailed on her when she was the troopship Devonshire. Sailed on the last voyage she did as a troopship before being sold to B.I. Quite a few of the Bibby Line crews were sorry to see her go, myself included.
Regards,
John

My father often told me of the time he returned from the Middle East to Blighty on the Devonia. I believe it was his favourite ship

TerryWilliams
31st January 2012, 10:43
Hi guys - I was given the chance of a cruise on Devonia organised by my school in the 60's - I recall she sailed from swansea, and we stopped at Bergen and Amsterdam ... the memory is fading ... but the kiel canal came in somewhere. Bergen absolutely blew me away - the old stave church ... I went back in 2007 :)

eriskay
31st January 2012, 10:52
Worked on her conversion from passenger/trooping to school cruise ship. (Jings - is that the time already?!)

herky
30th September 2012, 06:35
did educational cruise in around 69/70.led to me joining merchant nvy in 71