Bicentenary Broadsheet

R798780
5th September 2007, 10:02
A couple of pics of the "newspaper" which commemorated Brocklebanks bicentenary. Currently attempting to scan in and OCR the text. The caption under the picture on page 8/9 says Mahout 1968. We know that should be 1963. The picure on page 2/3 shows Lustrous in her original silver grey hull colour.

David Byrne
12th September 2007, 00:37
Nice to see that Tennants have the biggest supporting advert - we must have made them zillionnaires.

R798780
12th September 2007, 08:18
On my first trip, and first visit to Aden I tallied out the 26,000 cases of Tennants destined for the British army there. I think they also helped with Tennants fortunes. And that was before I'd got a taste for the stuff, on most Brocks ships apprentices couldn't /shouldn't drink. There were exceptions but Malakand was not one of them.

Don A.Macleod
19th September 2007, 18:12
A couple of pics of the "newspaper" which commemorated Brocklebanks bicentenary. Currently attempting to scan in and OCR the text. The caption under the picture on page 8/9 says Mahout 1968. We know that should be 1963. The picure on page 2/3 shows Lustrous in her original silver grey hull colour.

Noted the mistake a long time ago Hugh. You and I must be the few left to have this publication, the celebration lunch was held on MATRA(I wasn't there).But do have the menu(In gold covers)
The MAHOUT was always my favourite ship though she was in white with blue band. Remember MAHSEER when Colin Herd put the white line back on her!Now! he was a bit of a character, you and Anne were there.Regards
Don.

R798780
19th September 2007, 21:21
Hi Don, Ann sends her salaams as well.

We all thought Colin Heard had the white band repainted but on reflection I would think Sam Baxter would be the instigator. Whatever, it was an improvement.
Only ever sailed on Mahout in her original black livery - as a very junior sprog who knew very little so couldn't appreciate the ship. Only had Malakand at age 22 to compare with Mahout at 2; that's chalk and cheese.