P&O Brochures

leggoaft
18th September 2007, 18:55
Does anyone recall a P&O brochure which had the heaing "Run Away to Sea With P&O ???

Best wishes Wil

fred henderson
18th September 2007, 23:33
Will
If you go to my Gallery http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13571 you will find a copy of the advert.

Fred(Thumb)

leggoaft
19th September 2007, 00:18
Very mant thanks Fred, found it ok, and now have it printed

best wishes Will

orcades
9th September 2008, 07:03
I,ve just sat scrolling through the history of the P and O absolutly fasinated by it. It brought back so many memories. I lived in Barrow-in- Furness for many years. As a child I lived in Devinshire Buildings, they looked over the wall into what was known as The Top Yard of Vickers Armstrongs, I remember looking out of the bedroom window at the Strathallan as she was being built on the slipway. [ if I remember correctly the late King George and his wife [before he became King] launched the Strathallan then freed the toll on Walney Bridge] Tha Chusan , Himalaya I remember well.I served an apprentiship as a Fitter and Turner in Vickers and worked on the Orsova and have photos of her leaving the fitting out berth at Barrow. Then when I came out of my time I sailed on the Orcades, started as 3rd Frig, and ending up as senior 4th before I left to sit for my 2nds ticket, but thats another story. I intend to read it again just incase I missed something tomorrow