www.merchantnavyofficers.com

Geoff_E
23rd September 2007, 19:13
I've tried to get into this site a couple of times in the past two days but it locks my browser software (Firefox) solid. There's a mention on the opening page of downloading problems but I can't contact them because..... etc. etc.

Anyone else having this problem?

non descript
23rd September 2007, 19:37
Geoff, I had never heard of it, but after your posting I gave it a try and got in without any problem - the link is here (http://www.merchantnavyofficers.com/indexframe.html) in case it helps.

Ron Stringer
23rd September 2007, 20:06
I've tried to get into this site a couple of times in the past two days but it locks my browser software (Firefox) solid. There's a mention on the opening page of downloading problems but I can't contact them because..... etc. etc.

Anyone else having this problem?
Geoff,
I had an email from the site some days ago, reporting that they had been suffering a lot of problems on the noticeboard from spammers and other malware. To protect their users, the site owners proposed to shut down the noticeboard for a brief period (it was hoped) to clean up the site and install new software that would prevent further occurrences and intrusions.

The site is still open, apart from the noticeboard.

David Wilcockson
23rd September 2007, 20:29
Geoff
Try the route Tonga has indicated, I did & no problem getting into the site.
David