Looking for Houlders Electrician

marinero
4th October 2007, 12:03
I need to tap into the Houlder Crew here. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Alex McKenzie(lecky)? I sailed with him throughout my career with Houlders, from the Hardwicke Grange-1960's to Houlder Offshore late 90's. Any information would be appreciated.
Regards (Thumb)

JohnMac068
8th October 2007, 16:21
I need to tap into the Houlder Crew here. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Alex McKenzie(lecky)? I sailed with him throughout my career with Houlders, from the Hardwicke Grange-1960's to Houlder Offshore late 90's. Any information would be appreciated.
Regards (Thumb)

You must be slipping Leo, HO had disappeared by the 90's. Alex was on UJ from the building yard in Oslo, until we offered voluntary redundancy in order to reduce numbers, the days of great contracts like the Shell and Statoil ones, had passed and UJ had to enter the real world of competitive pricing. Alex took up the offer, I bumped into him in Queens Rd, Aberdeen in the mid 90's, he was working for an offshore company, can't remember which, we had a few beers and reminised.

marinero
8th October 2007, 18:14
Thanks for that John.
Slipping isn't the word for it. I'm getting senile but don't want to own up to it. The last I saw of Alex was the UJ and that was about Oct. 82. Would like to get in touch with him again if you ever hear of him.
Any word on another reunion yet?
Regards
Leo (Thumb)
PS. You're right John, when I left in 99 (Kan Tan 1V) it had been Transocean for quite a number of years.