Photo upload problem

lex
6th October 2007, 15:34
The last few times i have tried to upload a photo it goes through all the right motions and even tells me that it was succesfully uploaded but no picture appears in the gallery,can anybody put me right on this...thanks in advance

Lex(Thumb)

K urgess
6th October 2007, 15:41
Sometimes the site can be a bit slow if a lot of pictures are being uploaded.
If your description is a bit long it can splutter a bit and the answer is to leave the description to the second window.
If the picture is very big the software that reduces it to site dimensions can take too long so that the connection times out.

Cheers

lex
6th October 2007, 15:52
I dont think the pictures are to big but i will have a play and see if i can get it to work ...Thanks for the advice

lex
6th October 2007, 15:59
You where spot on ,it is the scanned images it doesent seem to like ,i will try put them on a lower dpi(==D)

K urgess
6th October 2007, 16:02
Great result, Lex.(Thumb)
The site software works quickest if you reduce your picture size to 900 pixels wide for landscape ones and 800 pixels high for portrait ones. It reduces them to this size anyway so you speed things up by missing out the resizing step as you upload.

Cheers

David Wilcockson
25th October 2007, 15:44
Been uploading today & encountered a problem or two. The first was rectified by super moderator Jim, many thanks again. The other problem appears to be with the text that goes with the download, as follows. When completing the second stage of the download where any text or story goes, I seem to be typing in the right letters but they are showing on the screen after completion as P&O instead of P&O. What am I doing wrong?
Cheers,
David

Gavin Gait
25th October 2007, 15:54
Its a problem that the Admin team are aware of David. Its a software setting in the Gallery and nothing wrong in what your putting up.

Davie (Thumb)

David Wilcockson
25th October 2007, 16:07
Davie Tait
Many thanks, puts my mind at rest & not blaming my PC in this instance.
David

benjidog
25th October 2007, 23:55
David,

You can try using "P and O" instead. I know it's not quite right but better than the gobbledegook.

Brian

Ron Stringer
26th October 2007, 20:37
The characters that appear on your keyboard across the top (i.e. uppercase) of the number keys 1 to 8 differ between various countries in the world. They are not all standard or the same in every country. That means that if you type what you see as an ampersand (the name of that symbol you used for 'and') then someone else, or some other computer, may receive it as something quite different. The programmers have to allow for handling all the non-standard keys as well as the standard QWERTY etc.

CEYLON220
13th January 2008, 12:43
I have noticed that on the forums people have down loaded documents/photos into the site, I can set my photos into the gallery but how do you do it into the forum, for example if I was discussing a type engine and to show that engine to verify what I was meaning ,how do I take that picture from my document section to the forum---I hope that I`m not confusing everybody!!!!!!!

(K) (K) (K)

K urgess
13th January 2008, 12:55
Below the reply window, if you click on the green "Post Reply" button, you'll see a manage attachments button. Just follow the instructions.
To embed a picture in your post you need to have a remote picture account and link your picture on that site to your post.

Salaams
Kris

CEYLON220
13th January 2008, 13:29
Thank Marconi, lets see if what you say works,

CEYLON220
13th January 2008, 13:35
BINGO, you are a marvel, Marconi--this was me as a young 20 year old,when I was young enough to pull the Birds now the only thing that I pull is what hair I have left trying to sort these damn computor movements out.
thanks again mate.

Dave [=P]

K urgess
13th January 2008, 13:45
You're more than welcome, Dave.
Weren't we all pretty boys once upon a time.
God's gift to women, every one of us.[=P]

osp500
16th January 2008, 19:55
I have moved all my photos on to Adobe Photo Elements 6 and would like to upload from there but when i use browse it always go to my pictures and moving to elements is not working for me ..anyone any ideas?

K urgess
16th January 2008, 20:00
You have to change the directory when you browse.
Windows is a bloody nuisance because it only has one default directory setting and always goes to the last one you browsed to.
So when you browse you have to do a bit of exploring to find them.

osp500
16th January 2008, 20:20
yes i know what you mean by it returning to the one you used last ,just had that just now ,but i cant get onto elements at all ..i take it that you can upload direct from photo elements ..if you know how..!! on a completly different subject i just noticed i have been promoted to senior member...how did i manage that?

treeve
16th January 2008, 20:32
I found the default directory to be downright irritating,
not to mention the fact that any folder starting with "My"
is at risk from outside influence, I have changed all my
programme reference folders, in the Registry to the ones
I prefer to use. Many programmes have a set up dialogue
box to set default folders, always a good idea to check.
I keep a separate folder just for uploads (having copied the
files form the store folders first, so it is only the copy that
is being uploaded). Then delete when it has been done.

Best Wishes, Raymond

Steve Woodward
16th January 2008, 20:37
If your images are too slow loading you can resize the images and speed up the progress.
My camera images are typically 3 Mb resizing brings them down to 800 x 600 gives 56kb - much faster to upload I use a freebie from this lot below, it is very quick and simple to use
Steve W

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/

K urgess
16th January 2008, 20:56
The senior member means you've passed 100 posts so it must've been like that for a while.

Any directory is only open to outside influence if you allow sharing.

To find your elements directory is probably going to be a bit difficult. Best thing to do is to go into elements and save something. Make a note of the directory it saves it to and then find it in the browse window when you upload.

osp500
16th January 2008, 21:49
yes i can understand what your suggesting..makes sense,.. i will have a go at that ....thanks for that

K urgess
16th January 2008, 22:13
I constantly have the same problem.
Mainly because i don't look when I save something and then get real upset when I can't find it.[=P]
Some software uses different directories for different things so the "save" directory isn't the same as the "save as" directory.(Cloud)
Difficult to keep track of everything.

methc
30th January 2008, 23:17
I believe that all you folk with problems should dump your Windows machine and buy a Mac. If you need to find anything on a Mac you simply type Command +F on the desktop and a list appears of files containing the word you searched for.
Happy mac.

Ollie
31st January 2008, 00:23
We are still looking into the causes of these problems - can everyone please just confirm for me if possible that their images were under 2 megabytes? That is the only possible logical pattern that has been found to cause this problem so far.