BPTC Ships Movements,Fleet News and Drydock lists

Graham Wallace
30th October 2007, 06:05
I am slowly getting a reasonable collection of the above mentiond BP lists from 1960 onwards. Has anyone got any old copies hiding away in forgotten dark places and willing to let me have them or send me a copy?

Graham Wallace

John_F
31st October 2007, 00:43
Graham,
Can't remember if I've already emailed you a copy of my only example. Please let me know & I will scan & email to you at the weekend. My copy is Volume 1, Number 4, December 1960.
Kind regards,
John.

Graham Wallace
31st October 2007, 02:52
John,
You sent me a drydock list of August to September 1960 way back in July 2003 .Do you mean Apprentices newsletter? I only have one for the year 1960; Volume IV Number 17 1960!
Graham

Ferrous Phil
28th November 2009, 22:03
John,
You sent me a drydock list of August to September 1960 way back in July 2003 .Do you mean Apprentices newsletter? I only have one for the year 1960; Volume IV Number 17 1960!
Graham

Graham
Whilst up in the attic getting the seasonal decs down I have just come across a small pile of 'BP Fleet News' from late 70's to early 80's and perhaps more interestingly a bound volume of 'Apprentices Newsletters' from 1953 - 1956 inclusive further incuding a full list of all seagoing apprentices and which ship they were on and a further supplement called '50 years of the Anglo Iranian Oil Company'
I recall rescuing this from being destroyed when I left the Br Poplar when it was sold to an Italian Co sometime in the early 80's.
Any interest?

Graham Wallace
29th November 2009, 18:00
Graham
Whilst up in the attic getting the seasonal decs down I have just come across a small pile of 'BP Fleet News' from late 70's to early 80's and perhaps more interestingly a bound volume of 'Apprentices Newsletters' from 1953 - 1956 inclusive further incuding a full list of all seagoing apprentices and which ship they were on and a further supplement called '50 years of the Anglo Iranian Oil Company'
I recall rescuing this from being destroyed when I left the Br Poplar when it was sold to an Italian Co sometime in the early 80's.
Any interest?

Phil,
You took my breath away with that lot, they are more important to me than gold dust
I have a number of all Fleet News around that time and also the Apprentices Newsletters era, but hopefully not those.
I would always collect duplicates, could never let them be thrown away, it seems like you were of similar mind.

I'll send you a SN email.

Graham

Graham Wallace
16th March 2014, 00:41
This is now a pretty old thread, I had to go a long way back to find it.

I have recently come across more old copies of "Ships Movements crew lists" within the period 1969 to 1985 and beyond (many thanks to the contributors), now very close to complete. So I might dig around in old SM threads and now be able to come up with some answers to some previously (for me) very frustrating questions.

My collection actually starts April 1960 to early 1966 all through the old style "Crew leaving drydock lists". Including a number of original complete Fleet News, the Number 1 Fleet News issue I picked up whilst on the Sovereign in April 1960, the only copy with my name in print.

Then on through Fleet News originals (complete with Ships Movements crew lists) 1970/85

In all over 100 original Fleet News, which have many photos and articles.

Unfortunately a big hiatus March 1966 to August 1969 of "Fleet News","Ships Movements/Personnel Movements". I have not been able to locate any copies in that period which I find rather surprising and have wondered if issues were ever printed then? Anyone have any??

A collection of Crew lists 1994 to 1999 and a few Fleet Fax complete issues in 2000's

If I can help anyone I will willingly search out info through these lists.

However I have noticed some threads in SN when sometimes it is better that certain individuals are not named, so will certainly be aware of that.

Graham

twogrumpy
16th March 2014, 17:40
Graham
Any interest?

Those Fleet News movement lists should make a good read, would like a look once they are through the scanner.

2G