IRAN KOLAHDOOZ -ex- STRATHEDEN

julian anstis
10th April 2005, 16:41
IRAN KOLAHDOOZ -ex- STRATHEDEN built 1977 out of Stolzania Gdanska yard at Gdansk, Poland. 12,598tns for Strick Line 8cyl 2.S.C.SA Sulzer, 18knots. Sister to the STRATHELGIN. Sold off in 1983 to Fairtrans Shipping of Greece and re-named MERAPI then in 86 she was transfered to Waterpulse Shipping Ltd of Cyprus. 1988 saw her sold on again to Islamic Republic of Iran shipping lines where she was re-named IRAN KOLAHDOOZ. Seen visiting Avonmouth in 1995 photo courtesy P.W.Hobday.

Ian Menzies
21st November 2005, 20:50
Took a photo of Stratheden way back in the late 70's, Mizushima, Japan. I was a cadet on the Iron Kestrel and thought Stratheden was a pretty spiffy looking ship. It was being used a cadet trainning ship, I believe. Can dig a photo out ouf the archives if you want.cheers,ian.

fitlike
15th October 2006, 18:33
hello Ian

I was onboard the Stratheden on its second voyage 1978, I was AB at the time, I remember that place well, we was painting the ships side from the quayside, and at the weekend the quay was full of people fishing and they all wanted a go at painting the ship, we just stood by and let them get on with it, I was real good to come across this photo.
Eric Cardno

seagypsy
11th February 2012, 17:39
G'Day Eric,

I was 2nd Officer on board Stratheden in 1978 and do remember
having sailed with you - If my memory is intact I do rem ember
that you are from Peterhead. Roger Tilley and Gary Buck ( 2 Welshmen ) are 2 of the other guys I remember and the bosun
Willie Head from Stornoway.

I live in Perth, WA and would be delighted to hear from you

Those were the days !!!

Jay Savur

QUOTE=fitlike;82976]hello Ian

I was onboard the Stratheden on its second voyage 1978, I was AB at the time, I remember that place well, we was painting the ships side from the quayside, and at the weekend the quay was full of people fishing and they all wanted a go at painting the ship, we just stood by and let them get on with it, I was real good to come across this photo.
Eric Cardno[/QUOTE]