pics for grandad

jacko
11th November 2007, 20:42
hi

im looking for some pics of some ships which my grandad served on can anybody put me in the right direction as to were to find some. the ships are

ss. matheran III

ss. maidan III

ss. mahronda III

fort camason

any help would be great

thanks

matthew

K urgess
11th November 2007, 21:32
If you do a search in the gallery you will find most of the vessels you mention.

Philthechill
11th November 2007, 23:30
hi

im looking for some pics of some ships which my grandad served on can anybody put me in the right direction as to were to find some. the ships are

ss. matheran III

ss. maidan III

ss. mahronda III

fort camason

any help would be great

thanks

matthew Matthew, I've posted a photo of Matheran (in "Cargo vessels" in the Gallery) which I took when I was on her in 1962. Salaams Phil Roe(Hippy)

Tony Sprigings
12th November 2007, 08:26
There is a small book by Duncan Haws entitled Thos & Jno Brocklebank in his Merchant Fleets series which gives you all the details you require. The ISBNO
946378 29 0 will help you identify.
Good luck,
Tony.

jacko
12th November 2007, 19:05
thanks for all replys so far.
is there somewere that i could buy the pics or not
cheers

Philthechill
14th November 2007, 14:39
thanks for all replys so far.
is there somewere that i could buy the pics or not
cheers Mathew, Get in touch with a company called Skyfoto's in, I think, Ramsgate. They'll be able to supply photo's of all the ships you mention.
Salaams Phil Roe(Hippy)

Tony Selman
15th November 2007, 12:26
Phil, you are showing your age again. What used to be Skyfotos in our day is now Fotoflite. I am pretty sure it is same company with just a name change. They are based at Ashford in Kent and have a very good website.