Dakar

tony poutch
18th November 2007, 16:17
I was AB on the ONITSHA in 1971 and was paid off in DAKAR with MALARIA i spent 10days in hospital I was then flown direct to Dublin as my father died while i was in Dakar i only ever met 1 shipmate since so i would like to say a big thanks to any of them that may come across this site.CAPTAIN was R WILD lucky for me he did`nt hang about

Argyll
21st November 2007, 18:13
Tony ,
I was AB with R.Wild on the DEgema I have to say he was a true gent to sail with .was John Higgins the bosun on there,
Argyll

stan mayes
21st November 2007, 19:48
Hello Argyll,
I knew a Bosun John Higgins - he made many trips in FALABA..
He was married in Lagos and became EDs Shore Bosun there..
Stan.

Argyll
22nd November 2007, 11:57
Hello Argyll,
I knew a Bosun John Higgins - he made many trips in FALABA..
He was married in Lagos and became EDs Shore Bosun there..
Stan.

Hi Stan,
Yea that would be him I never sailed with him myself but a buddy of his Bert Campbell was how I met him, he stayed with friends in Liverpool then Bert and I sailedon the Degema Bert was Bosun's mate Terry morgan was bosun, Sadly Terry lost his life when the Poole Fisher sank. I met Bert about two months ago, he was doing relief work with Cal mac where I work that was the first I met him in 40 years,
Argyll

tony poutch
22nd November 2007, 13:34
Tony ,
I was AB with R.Wild on the DEgema I have to say he was a true gent to sail with .was John Higgins the bosun on there,
Argyll

HI ARGYLL I THINK THE BOSUN`S FIRST NAME WAS BOB A SMALL MAN WITH A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR I REMEMBER HOUSING THE JUMBO AND HE IN HIS SLIPPERS TELLING ME TO HEAVE A SUSPICION NO FUSS WHATSOEVER

Argyll
22nd November 2007, 18:05
Hi Tony Poutch and Stan,
I was having another senion moment, and had my ships mixed up ,I sailed on the Degema and the Bosun was Terry Morgan,
Isailwed on the Dumurra and the Bosun was Jim Dooley, and the Capt was R.Wild. On the Degema the Capt were R.Munroe and Geo Armstrong

tony poutch
22nd November 2007, 21:28
Hi Tony Poutch and Stan,
I was having another senion moment, and had my ships mixed up ,I sailed on the Degema and the Bosun was Terry Morgan,
Isailwed on the Dumurra and the Bosun was Jim Dooley, and the Capt was R.Wild. On the Degema the Capt were R.Munroe and Geo Armstrong

HI Argyll i was on Degema OCT 71 can`t remember a thing about trip or who was on her but then again had just been married