Does anyone remember John/Jack Adams

dianaswr
26th November 2007, 12:52
Hi all,

am posting my first post today on behalf of my dad John Adams, or Jack Adams, (no computer) he sailed with Ben Line in the late fifties early sixties, on the Ben Rioch, Vannich, Avon, Arty, Hiart, Dearg, Cleauch, Loyal, Wyvies, and bennachie! He ended up the chief electical engineer before he left to do other things. If anyone remembers him it would be great to get in touch. He came from Buckie (north east scotland) and would be delighted to hear from any old pals.

With thanks

K urgess
26th November 2007, 13:29
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
We have quite a few Ben Line crew onboard so I'm sure you'll get a reply soon.
Enjoy the voyage.

Bruce Carson
26th November 2007, 13:40
A warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, Dianaswr.
Chances are that you'll be hearing from some of your Dad's old shipmates before long.

Bruce

forthbridge
5th December 2007, 22:33
Hi Diana
I remember your Dad though it is a long time ago. I never sailed with him but I think I relieved him on benreoch in the early 1960s. I think I met him also when I was on other ships which were in port at the same time.

Dave Toshack

JOSEPHAIKEN
19th December 2008, 00:18
Hi all,

am posting my first post today on behalf of my dad John Adams, or Jack Adams, (no computer) he sailed with Ben Line in the late fifties early sixties, on the Ben Rioch, Vannich, Avon, Arty, Hiart, Dearg, Cleauch, Loyal, Wyvies, and bennachie! He ended up the chief electical engineer before he left to do other things. If anyone remembers him it would be great to get in touch. He came from Buckie (north east scotland) and would be delighted to hear from any old pals.

With thanks

REMEMBER JACK ADAMS HIS FATHER WAS LOCAL INSURANCE MAN JACK STAYED IN PORTESSIE NR BUCKIE . I WAS ON BENHIANT AND HE WAS ON BENNACHIE IN SINGAPORE 1960 WHEN I MET HIM WITH JOCK MURRAY ALSO A PORTESSIE MAN . BENNACHIE HAD GONE ON FIRE AND THEY WERE UNDER REPAIR. I AM ALSO FROM PORTESSIE NAME JOE AIKEN NOW RESIDENT IN BLANTYRE NR GLASGOW , LEFT SEA IN 1961 AND TOOK SHORE JOB , PASS ON REGARDS

benjidog
19th December 2008, 00:31
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

R58484956
19th December 2008, 12:15
Diana a very belated welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

J Smith
21st December 2008, 22:16
Hello Diana - It wasn't until I saw Joseph Aiken's entry of 18th December that I realised who Jack Adams was. Kindest regards to your Dad. I was brought up quite close to him and know all the family.

Welcome to Ships Nostalgia and enjoy the site.

Best Wishes - James Smith, Aberdeen.

BRIAN WESTGARTH
22nd December 2008, 15:13
Hi all,

With thanks
Hi, I'm fairly sure I sailed with Jack Adams on "Bennevis" between 1964 & 1967 I was 4th.Engineer at the time. If I remember rightly he was the Chief Engineers "Blue Eyed Boy" keeping the worn out American built electrcals functioning.All The Best
Brian
On further reflection I think it may have been Benreoch, Chif Engineer was Sam Hall 2nd. was Hugh Frazer, 3rd. ? Barbour, 4th. Alec Clark. I was Juior Engineer at this time.

ian keyl
28th December 2008, 01:15
HI Brian,
I remember sailing with you when you may have been 3rd or 2nd ,now for the ship,was it Avon on the coast1965 Foggy Robbie was old man or was it on the the Mhor on the coast .i know we have sailed together and iam i correct you are from Teesside. I lived in Redcar for a few years with relations and my cousin was an engnd with Ben a steam man David Maxwell origninally from Aberdeen also. Served his time at Hall Russells
Rgds ian.

EBenarty
29th December 2008, 22:04
Hi Brian,
I sailed with you on the Bennevis between 1966 - 1968 when you were 2nd.Engineer. I was a lowly cadet. Some of the crew I remember were Capt. Ken Hardie and Bob Macphee, Jimmy Hamilton Ch. Off, Norrie Mac Donald -Mate, Duncan Sutherland 2nd Mate, Les ??? -3rd Mate. Geordie Bell the flying Chief Engineer, Ozzie Rodrigues 3rd, Willie Hunter(Wong) 4th, Donnie McNeil 5th, 6th ;;,Ron Crowe 7th. Iain Macintosh- Ch. Electrician, Willie Smeaton 2nd Lecky.Also Jimmy Grey 2nd Lecky.The RO was Ray Byrne from Ireland.

Have a Good New Year , Billy Sinclair