Desktop pager

billyboy
27th November 2007, 11:44
For anyone who has never heard of it, There is a free download from the RNLI of a desktop pager which is connected to the launches. Any lifeboat getting called out and the pager bleeps and indicates which lifeboats have launched. Surprising how many bleeps i get on it! The RNLI is always busy these days it seems.
RNLI.org.uk (Thumb)

samuel j
27th November 2007, 11:52
Its a great little device, you can setup all or as many stations that you want. Know many family members of RNLI lads use it so they know what their loved ones are up to.

Orbitaman
27th November 2007, 12:01
Billyboy,

Can you tell me where on the RNLI website this download is?

Gavin Gait
27th November 2007, 12:04
http://www.rnli.org.uk/what_we_do/lifeboats/desktoppager/desktoppager

Thats the registration page for it(Thumb)

Orbitaman
27th November 2007, 12:05
Many thanks.

Fulton
12th April 2008, 11:50
the current pager doesn't work with windows vista but there is a new one being made that will be compatible, there will also be a vista gadget showing lifeboat shouts. Both will be available within 6-8 weeks

Green Godess
30th April 2008, 02:05
What a wonderful little gismo, my eldest sons a lifeboatman - now I'll know precisely when he's making for the station on a shout.

Thanks for sharing the url

G G

statement
1st May 2008, 17:04
The note from " Fulton " posted 12.04.08 still applies to anyone with Windows on there PC. The RNLI are supposed to bring out a variation of the pager to allow Windows to download the driver. All you can do is to keep trying to download from the site.

pellew
11th May 2008, 12:59
the current pager doesn't work with windows vista but there is a new one being made that will be compatible, there will also be a vista gadget showing lifeboat shouts. Both will be available within 6-8 weeks

Thanks for that information as I have Vista and have not been able to have
the chance to use it yet.