BAP "Coronel Bolognesi"

CEYLON220
30th November 2007, 11:02
Has any of the members any photos of the ex British cruiser "Ceylon" pictured in the Peruvian Navy colours and sporting their ensign, she was renamed "Coronel Bolognesi" and sailed under the Peruvian flag from Portsmouth in February 1960, she was in service with this navy until August 1985 when she was decommissioned and scrapped.

RobCH81
26th October 2008, 15:18
Hello, I'm new here and have to find out how to upload pictures. Some years ago I bought a beautiful book of Peruvian cruisers from John Rodriguez Asti. I could make some scans of this ship if you like.

regards, Rob

ondino
3rd December 2008, 15:52
Dear Ceylon220:

As Rob said, I have some photographs of the peruvian cruiser BAP Coronel Bolgnesi, one of that I have attach to this post.

Regards,

John Rodriguez asti

CEYLON220
25th February 2009, 00:50
RobCh 81 and ondino, I must apologise to you both for not getting back to you for the interest in my old ship when she served in the Royal Navy before being bought by the Peruvian Navy in February 1960, I kept coming back to this site to see if anyone had posted a photo of her in her new colours but gave up after a while when none were forth coming,today I returned and low and behold we have an excellent photo which will be put into my collection with your permission, thanks again guys.

Aye, Dave.(Thumb)

CEYLON220
25th February 2009, 01:04
This is the Royal Navy cruiser CEYLON which was sold to the Peruvian Navy in January 1960, she sailed from Portsmouth UK under the Peruvian flag in February.

icarkie
27th February 2013, 19:54
This is the Royal Navy cruiser CEYLON which was sold to the Peruvian Navy in January 1960, she sailed from Portsmouth UK under the Peruvian flag in February.

Hi Dave what year was that photo of the Ceylon taken.....My Dad was a stoker on her in her last Commission '58-60...
Ian Arkesden

CEYLON220
29th October 2013, 22:44
HMS CEYLON lying at anchor at Trincomalee Ceylon (Sri Lanka) in 1959.

kypros
30th October 2013, 14:40
And they got another 25 years out of her dont make them like that anymore.KYPROS

icarkie
30th October 2013, 15:25
Dad would have been in his elements to have seen her at Pompy Navy days ( I use to go as a kid quite often ) in the 70's if the Peruvian Navy had come over with her...:)