Author: Talbot-Booth, E C
Title: What Ship Is That?
(eary 1940s)

What do you think about it?
Thans!

DAVIDJM
2nd December 2007, 22:11
I have a copy.
I find it a useful reference book with silhouettes of ships with the names of sister ships, tonnage, length and speed. If I am stuck with a picture, I try and source the info from there.

Baltic Wal
3rd December 2007, 14:59
I assume you are looking at the ship identification series that was produced by TB with the kingpost mast funnel identification. There were also a couple of smaller ones with liners and cargo ships. I think its very good, started with the 1959 version which when I was at sea was very useful, although at some times it was probably just a class being identified. The early 1940 edition was very good as it included photo's.

marcus
3rd December 2007, 18:27
I assume you are looking at the ship identification series that was produced by TB with the kingpost mast funnel identification. There were also a couple of smaller ones with liners and cargo ships. I think its very good, started with the 1959 version which when I was at sea was very useful, although at some times it was probably just a class being identified. The early 1940 edition was very good as it included photo's.

Mmm, I think that the edition I'm looking for is the earlier one... But is not the T&B "merchant ships"...
I think is this book:
http://www.star-dot-star.co.uk/books/buttons/001428.jpg

tanker
3rd December 2007, 21:22
A Great old book surely!!!!
Ciao da Milano
Gp

marcus
13th February 2008, 22:26
Finally it arrived!
A book written in 1944. Very nice. it contains a lot of siluettes of merchant and military ships. I think it was quite useful for ship recognaissance during war years..
Regards!