Buster Crabb ad SS Bonheur

perry scope
9th December 2007, 14:53
I have just published a book about Commander Lionel 'Buster' Crabb, the British frogman spy who disappeared in mysterious circumstances under some visiting Russian ships in Portsmouth Harbour during April 1956. It is called THE FINAL DIVE - The life and death of 'Buster' Crabb. It is the true account of what really happened and contains a lot of information about Crabb's early days on SS Bonheur working out of Liverpool for the Lamport & Holt Line to the States and South America. I have a lot of other details - some not included in the book - but relating to crew and passenger lists and routes/cargoes etc. If anyone needs any help with research let me know.

[Note added by Benjidog: Anyone interested in more information please send a PM to this member]

benjidog
9th December 2007, 17:16
I am amending your post because we do not allow direct advertising on this site and you have included a link to Amazon.com.

If any members want to contact you about your book I have advised them to send you a Personal Message.

Regards,

Brian

Ken Butler
1st April 2012, 01:06
Perryscope,
Didn't an ex KGB or Soviet navy man admit to killing Crabb or an un-known
frogman a few years ago?I think it was an item on the BBC news.
Ken Butler

john1
1st April 2012, 01:58
My late father was seconded to the diving section at Gib after diving course in RAF in 1938. Trouble is he would never speak about his time to me. But upon his death in 1981 a few ex divers got in touch and told of his time there and in Alexandria.

Derek Roger
1st April 2012, 03:44
My late father was seconded to the diving section at Gib after diving course in RAF in 1938. Trouble is he would never speak about his time to me. But upon his death in 1981 a few ex divers got in touch and told of his time there and in Alexandria.

John I would like to hear from you and your Fathers friends .

Regards Derek

rickles23
1st April 2012, 09:06
Hi perry scope,

PM sent 01 04 12 at 17.04hrs.

Regards