Does anyone remember--------------?

Philthechill
17th December 2007, 05:08
This must be one of the most frequently asked questions and, unsurprisingly I, too, am now going to use it!!!
Does anyone remember Harry De Vos? He was one of the most likeable people I have ever come across.
Harry worked for Walkers in Colombo in quite a high-up role, I believe, and joined Brock's in 196? I met-up with Harry when I was coasting Mahseer and he would help-out anyone if they were experiencing problems with whatever they were doing. He was a vastly experienced bloke with huge knowledge of most things to do with marine-engineering. I believe he emigrated to Australia . That last bit of info came from Alan Goonewardener when I met-up with Alan at one of the Brock's re-unions. Alan was Chief on one of the NDL container ships, "Hong Kong Express" I think. A far cry from when he was a Junior Engineer on Mangla and tried to blind himself by taking a photo of we assembled engineers, in the bar, with the new camera he'd just purchased in Aden. He pointed the camera at himself then fired-off the flash into his face!!!!! The evidence is posted on Members Faces under the title, "Alan Goonewardener tests his new camera"! Salaams, Phil Roe(Hippy)